+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

JYL

Jul 17, 2013
I applied online TRV on July 4th, I supposed it was directed to Singapore VO.
Haven't get any reply yet, except the application confirmation.

Jul 9, 2013
Applied for TRV for myself and my wife. We are residents of the Netherlands.

Online Application submitted: Jul 8
Original Passport Requested: Jul 10
Original Passport Sent to Vienna: Jul 11
Original Passport Received in Vienna: Jul 12

Didn't hear from them so far. I dind't include any return airway bills because there are no such things here in Europe. Do they send a confirmation via MyCIC once they send the passport back?

Or will I know only when I receive the letter back?

Jul 9, 2013
Final Timelane:

Online Application submitted: July 8
Original Passport Requested: July 10
Original Passport Sent to Vienna: July 11
Original Passport Received in Vienna: July 12
Passports sent back to Amsterdam: July 15
Passports received by registered mail: July 24

Liluu3

Jul 15, 2013
London CIC office
TRV with a permission to study

Online Application submitted: Jun 18
Original Passport Requested: July 16
Original Passport Sent to London: July 17
Original Passport Received in London: July 19
Passports sent back to Copenhagen: unknown, I had no tracking service for the delivery back to DK
Passports received by an ordinary post service (royal mail): July 24

Liluu3

Jul 15, 2013
dimitriyremerov said:
I didn't include any return airway bills because there are no such things here in Europe. Do they send a confirmation via MyCIC once they send the passport back?
Or will I know only when I receive the letter back?

I used International reply coupon. Can be purchased in every mail service house in Europe.

sunny081983

Jul 12, 2013
Hello All, This forum has been very helpful to me. Please find below are my timelines.

Sent in completed application online: June 23
Received Request for Letter ( National identity document such as I797) July 10
Submitted Letter ( National identity document such as I797) July 10
Received passport notification: July 11
Sent passport to NY consulate: July 11
NY consulate received passport: July 15
Return envelope initiated: July 25
Envelope with stamped passport received: July 26

awikhar

Jul 26, 2013
I got the complete process accomplished in 30 days.
15 day since I applied online.
Received the passport request on 14th day from application.
Sent the passport.
Received the passport on 14th day of submission through USPS.
Excellent process. No hassles at all.

sarge_in

Jun 21, 2013
My and my wife's final timeline for Transit visas:

5/31 - Submitted online TRV for Transit visa for both of us
6/21 - Request for additional docs received - Employment Letter for me; Employment Letter and proof of funds for my wife
6/21 - Uploaded all docs for both
6/21 - Passport request received for wife, not for me
6/25 - Sent email to LA inquiring about status of my visa. They responded a few days later to contact Ottawa.
6/27 - Sent email to Ottawa inquiring about status of my visa
7/2 - Got back a general response from Ottawa that they will continue processing my application, but cannot say how long it will take.
7/2 - Submitted a new application for my visa with copy of old passport etc.
7/3 - Responded back to their email saying that my wife had already received her passport request and asking if I should send my passport with it too.
7/10 - Got a response to this email saying that the passport request letter (for 1st application) had been sent to my CIC account. I think the email I sent helped as they responded to the email as well the same day I got my passport request email.
7/17 - Got PP request for 2nd application as well - of course, I did not have to use this.
7/20 - PP sent to LA
7/22 - PP received at LA
7/24 - USPS return activated
7/25 - PP received

A lot to go through for a simple transit visa. If I had known about all this earlier, I would have chose a different route.
But at least I received a response to all my emails, and LA final stamping was very quick (2 days). 2nd application got approved pretty quickly as well (15 days).

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
My timeline

23 June: submitted application online;
11 July: received original passport request email;
24 July: sent my original passport (because I needed my passport in mid July to go abroad);
26 July: passport delivered to Canadian High Commission in London;

Now still waiting for my passport.

I am living in Northern Europe, and I enclosed a prepaid self-addressed UK Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope and a letter letting them to return my passport to my friend's address in London using that envelope. I would then ask my friend to send it back to me by courier, which I think will be safer.

I am wondering if the canadian high commission will use that envelope and send my passport to my friend in London, instead of directly returning it to me by ordinary mail.

Sabman83

Jul 31, 2013
Question to all those who send the passports for stamping: do you also send the I-94 along with your passport? I don't think it is necessary at that point since they have already approved your application. Am I right?

tty

Aug 1, 2013
weekendtourist said:
Thanks, hks11. I just saw that our passports were shipped back. If anyone with similar concerns is reading this thread in the future, please allow the Consulate at least about a week before you start to worry. Also, do not forget to keep the tracking number for the self-addressed envelope you send them.

Overall, I did not like that the Canadian consulate does not give applications any communication channels. The entire application process seemed a bit hostile. Did anyone have a similar experience?
Do cic tell you when they send your passport back?

tty

Aug 1, 2013
Visacurious said:
Canadian visa process is most hostile of all I have seen so far (reference, US, UK, Australia, Italy, Mexico, Singapore visa processes... yes, I have been around).

How can they keep passports for undefined amount of time without giving any clue of what next or whom to communicate for anything? This is like throwing your passport in a blackhole and hoping that everything will turn out fine.

Don't they realize that people are sending one of the MOST important document they possess and would highly appreciate a considerate style of handling.

you are very correct my brother. i send mine and it was received since 22/07, i have not head anything from cic london

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Yuuuu.....Passport are delivered today.. Sent passport using one express mail envelope and included one return envelope. LA consulate returned stamped passport in one envelope. Good luck to all visitors ........

Timelines:
Applied Online: July 09
PP request: July 28 (Sunday Morning 9 : 45 am EST)
Sent to LA: July 29
Received at LA: July 30
Return activated: Aug 02
Passport Delivered @ my home : Aug 03

Thanks for all your support :)

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
Good to know some folks are still getting their visas in spite of the ongoing strike....fingers crossed for our visas as well!!!

Online application submitted (NYC) on 19th July. No news till date!