+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
hello folks, I just received PP request message for my father and mother. I had applied for their single entry visa online . Now when i mail the passport do i just mail in one envelop or do i mail in seperate envelops one for my dad and one for my mom. anyone any idea

getsukumar

May 21, 2013
strandedhelix said:
I just received an email from them advising that currently they are processing passports received on April 24, 2013.

Good luck all, we can just wait patiently and hope that it is sent to us soon.
Hi,

Could you please let us know how did you come to know about his information. If you reached them throug email. Please provide us with the email id. So that we can contact them rearding the current application processing dates.

Thanks

abhiiparakh

May 13, 2013
Applied Online, got the Passport request letter, and was recd by Canadian Embassy NYC May 2nd.

Still no word from them - waiting for my passport to be stamped and returned. Pretty frustrating but have another month before travel, so I'm hoping it'll show up before then.

Rita_1234

Apr 11, 2013
I have mailed my passport to LA Consulate since 9 May but haven't received my passport yet. I check UPS tracking everyday but it has not been generated. Anybody has the same problem?

Rita_1234

Apr 11, 2013
Finally got my passport yesterday. I came by the normal mail because I did not put the right envelope in there. Make sure you follow the instruction strictly and the timeline for LA Consulate is normally 7 working days after received the passport.

srip

May 13, 2013
Congrats Rita. I sent my PP yesterday and expected to reach LA consulate today before 12 PM.

How do you know the timeline .? Did you know anyone who got it in 7 business days from LA consulate .?

abhiiparakh

May 13, 2013
Applied Online, got the Passport request letter, and was recd by Canadian Embassy NYC May 2nd.
Received my passport by express mail (had included) May 25th. :D

srip

May 13, 2013
Thanks abhiiparakh. I live in east coast but going through these threads, people recommended LA Is faster then NY. So sent it LA.

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
Just now received a message from the NY consulate (upon asking the status of my application) that my passport has been mailed out last night. Quoting them "Your documents were returned to you via sase expmail trk#: ei XXXXXXXX us on May 28, 2013."

USPS site doesn't have the tracking # activated yet; not sure if this is a system error or delay in processing. Will wait patiently, as I was already.

Timeline:

7 April - Online Application
30 April - Request for Passport
2 May - Passport received by NY Consulate
28 May - Passport sent out (as per their email)

anja

May 29, 2013
The following is the timeline for my temporary resident visa online application, processed by the Canadian Embassy in Manila, Philippines:

• Online Application Submitted: May 24, 12:08 AM
  • Passport Request Received: May 24, 9:49 AM (a little over 9 hours!)
  • Passport Picked Up by Courier: May 25
  • Passport Returned via Courier: May 30

Take note that processing actually began May 27 since the passport was picked up over the weekend. I kept in touch with the visa processing center to check on the application's status and the passport was actually released by the embassy on May 29. Processing thus took 3 working days.

9-hour decision and 3 working day turnaround? Awesome.

meldoremi

May 30, 2013
anja you're very lucky!

I'm still waiting for mine (processed by Singapore):

Online app submitted: May 16
Passport request: May 21
Passport delivered to High Commission: May 27

Still waiting for news now. Getting very anxious as I need my passport by June 8. Did they send you an email when your passport has been stamped and was leaving their office?

anja said:
The following is the timeline for my temporary resident visa online application, processed by the Canadian Embassy in Manila, Philippines:

• Online Application Submitted: May 24, 12:08 AM
  • Passport Request Received: May 24, 9:49 AM (a little over 9 hours!)
  • Passport Picked Up by Courier: May 25
  • Passport Returned via Courier: May 30

Take note that processing actually began May 27 since the passport was picked up over the weekend. I kept in touch with the visa processing center to check on the application's status and the passport was actually released by the embassy on May 29. Processing thus took 3 working days.

9-hour decision and 3 working day turnaround? Awesome.

hk21

May 27, 2013
geogeo said:
Which country are you in? Canada?
I applied TRV on Jan 30 and was asked to send my passport to CPP-Ottawa. They received my passport on Feb 22. I haven't anything back since then.
I sent them an email yesterday but didn't get a respond.
Could you tell me how long it took to get your passport back? i sent mine to CPP-Ottawa on May 24th reached there on May 27th and haven't heard anything since then.

Rita_1234

Apr 11, 2013
srip: My friend who strictly followed the instruction got her passport back in 7 working days (which is around 10 days after they received her passport).