+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visa - New York Consulate Passport Stamp in Person

Valennnn

Jun 18, 2013
Hi forsaken11, I am in the same situation of you (last month...), but don't know how did you deal with it eventually? Have you try to pick it up in person? Thanks.

smukherjee

Sep 20, 2013
I don't think submission of passport in person helps make the process any faster. That is what I read in the site.
I posted my passport along with my husband's on 9/6/13. I tracked through USPS and it reached NY on 9/9/13. I submitted my application using the online process and missed 2 things -

1. Forgot to attach Passport submission request form for my husband and attached only mine along with 2 passports
2. Forgot to mention EAPP at the top of 'Deliver to' address.

I tried all possible ways to track the status after realizing my mistakes. I called up the call center numbers and dropped emails to NY info. But no information received as the Call center told me they don't keep information about online application.

Finally I decided to go to NY VAC in person today and just received both the passports stamped!!

It took almost 2 weeks for stamping.

csk901

Sep 23, 2013
Thank you very much smukherjee for the info... this helps a lot of people to understand the aproximate time it takes to get the stamped passport. Could you please also confirm which type of visa (visitor, Work permit), Online application submission date, approved date, Passport request date wrt your application.

Thanks,
CK

ozooxo

Oct 1, 2013
smukherjee said:
I don't think submission of passport in person helps make the process any faster. That is what I read in the site.
I posted my passport along with my husband's on 9/6/13. I tracked through USPS and it reached NY on 9/9/13. I submitted my application using the online process and missed 2 things -

1. Forgot to attach Passport submission request form for my husband and attached only mine along with 2 passports
2. Forgot to mention EAPP at the top of 'Deliver to' address.

I tried all possible ways to track the status after realizing my mistakes. I called up the call center numbers and dropped emails to NY info. But no information received as the Call center told me they don't keep information about online application.

Finally I decided to go to NY VAC in person today and just received both the passports stamped!!

It took almost 2 weeks for stamping.
Have you already received your passport? Did they give you any information (from CIC) before you get your passports from the mail system?

P.S I applied online on Sep 11, sent my passport to NY (transit visa) on Sep 24, and I'm still waiting for it to come back.