+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved but no COPR - plan to visit Canada this weekend

Nov 23, 2022
I was approved for PR today, but haven't received COPR (I am outland FSW applicant). I'm not sure if I receive this in the portal, email, or mail (or all of the above). I assume I have to wait for it in the mail because I sent the office a return envelope along with my passport copy and pictures.

My predicament is that I planned on visiting Vancouver this weekend for Pride (I live in Seattle, am American, and drive across the border). Will I be able to enter the country as a visitor without "landing" if I haven't received my COPR yet? Confused as to what my status is between now and when I receive COPR.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was approved for PR today, but haven't received COPR (I am outland FSW applicant). I'm not sure if I receive this in the portal, email, or mail (or all of the above). I assume I have to wait for it in the mail because I sent the office a return envelope along with my passport copy and pictures.

My predicament is that I planned on visiting Vancouver this weekend for Pride (I live in Seattle, am American, and drive across the border). Will I be able to enter the country as a visitor without "landing" if I haven't received my COPR yet? Confused as to what my status is between now and when I receive COPR.
Once you are a PR, you no longer enter Canada as a visitor.

The $64k question is when you will be officially`upgraded' to PR status, since the whole eCoPR process is still unclear, at least to me.

Since you are driving, you have nothing to really worry about. If asked, just tell the CBSA officer at Primary Inspection that your PR has been approved but you've not received your eCoPR. the officer should be able to see this in their system.

Have fun!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

If you haven’t received COPR yet and have a visa to enter or visa-exempt no issue. Even if you had COPR you aren’t required to land on your next visit to Canada