+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approval time for GSS

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
Mine also similar LMIA work-permit from US.
Application submitted on : 22-jul-2021
Biometric completed on : 22-Jul-2021

On 16-AUG-2021, attorney said they have asked to resubmit LMIA approval which has been done and application in-progress, thats the only update they provided to me.

I am yet to receive signed job offer from company even though they have filled the work permit.

Is your work permit handled by company attorney? did you know if the Job offer letter is submitted along with your application?
@agarw145 It would really help if you could respond on this please.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

On 16-AUG-2021, attorney said they have asked to resubmit LMIA approval which has been done and application in-progress, thats the only update they provided to me.

I am yet to receive signed job offer from company even though they have filled the work permit.

Is your work permit handled by company attorney? did you know if the Job offer letter is submitted along with your application?
You really need to get a signed job offer when you apply for the WP.

Reactions: bhumitparekh

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
You really need to get a signed job offer when you apply for the WP.
Thats the surprising part to me !
Wherever I have read/search as well as The document check list clearly says the signed job offer is must before applying BUT attorney went ahead and file the work permit saying approved LMIA is enough :confused: (the company is meanwhile in process of sending me a job offer)

Reactions: canuck78

agarw145

May 25, 2021

I do believe the offer letter was submitted with the application. I used to already work for the company in US so it was easy to get documents

asciivnit

Mar 19, 2017
Update for others just got my approval today 6-Aug

Timeline:
Application type: Temporary closed work permit under GSS (from USA)
Application submission: 7 July 2021
Biometric Instruction Letter: 9 July 2021
Biometric Completed: 14 July 2021
Visa approved: 6 August 2021

Now looking into passport stamping
Hi buddy Which country did you apply from

AlbertaExpress

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Update for others just got my approval today 6-Aug

Timeline:
Application type: Temporary closed work permit under GSS (from USA)
Application submission: 7 July 2021
Biometric Instruction Letter: 9 July 2021
Biometric Completed: 14 July 2021
Visa approved: 6 August 2021

Now looking into passport stamping
Lots of congrats on your visa approval. Pls what country did you apply from?

blazonware

Aug 28, 2018

Did you receive any further updates yet? I also have applied for GTS based application

Sonasree

Oct 11, 2021
My husband got visa under lmia exempt on April 9 2021, he is working in Infosys , under gss, currently he s in canada
We got married on July 2021
And as a spouse I applied spouse open work permit as dependent visa in Gss, on august 9 2021,
And my medicals done : aug 2
And my biometric done on September 14,2021.

When can I expect my visa approval

AlbertaExpress

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
My husband got visa under lmia exempt on April 9 2021, he is working in Infosys , under gss, currently he s in canada
And as a spouse I applied spouse open work permit as dependent visa in Gss, on august 9 2021,

Visa approval has approximate but no definite timeline as the processing time for Applicant A will always be different from that of B. One can only be hopeful and also raise a webform if the wait gets a little bit worrying.

Raja_4u

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hello.

I have already w1 work visa i have been in Canada 19 months my work visa will exp in Feb-2022 .
I applied work permit 11 oct 2021 from abu dhabi and its under GSS processing time but seems like due to covid it might get more delay. My current employer has closed his business in canada due to covid and therefore my work permit is not valid to re enter in canada . Can i apply my work permit at port of entry since i have valid W1 multiple work visa With all supporting documents work permit support letter ,PNP nomination certificate and my new employer has given me offer of employement number and the offer is LMiA exampt .
Appreciate ur response if u have proper knowledge or experience in this matter..

Ah023

Sep 24, 2021

Hi, did you get ur spouse open work permit under GSS approved? If yes, what’s ur timeline?