+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approval letter

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
It is written on the cic website that it is a required document and you must provide it at POE. Have you experienced this?
Can you show where on the CIC website it's written like that. I can't find it. It will help everybody here

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
What is a POE Letter?
It is the letter you will receive from IRCC if you have been approved for a:

It is sometimes called the Introduction or Introductory Letter. Officially, it is called the Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction. The Letter of Introduction is not your study or work permit.

Keep this letter. You must show this letter to officials at the port of entry when you arrive in Canada to get your study or work permit.

____

Where does this say that it's a ' Required document'? I was asking for that. This I know already.

Moreover as per other person when CIC is issuing this with the visa : Please note that we have not printed your copy of port of entry introduction letter. The infois in our system and can be accesed by the immigrant officials in canada.....this makes it visibly clear that there's no need of LOI.

Don't make your own language to misguide people if you are not sure of something.

Last edited:

Saad1993

Star Member
May 9, 2017
What is a POE Letter?
It is the letter you will receive from IRCC if you have been approved for a:

It is sometimes called the Introduction or Introductory Letter. Officially, it is called the Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction. The Letter of Introduction is not your study or work permit.

Keep this letter. You must show this letter to officials at the port of entry when you arrive in Canada to get your study or work permit.

____

Where does this say that it's a ' Required document'? I was asking for that. This I know already.

Moreover as per other person when CIC is issuing this with the visa : Please note that we have not printed your copy of port of entry introduction letter. The infois in our system and can be accesed by the immigrant officials in canada.....this makes it visibly clear that there's no need of LOI.

Don't make your own language to misguide people if you are not sure of something.
You must show is equal to required atleast for me and many others. Dont know about your definition of required.

Saad1993

Star Member
May 9, 2017
And just for your info that i have not received the letter myself yet. But I will go when I get it hopefully.

Abbas1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
It is not Required and you can fly to Canada without it, officers at the POE will ask if you got one, will not deny you entry if you don't
Just have letter of enrolment ready and all good to go

Reactions: Immstu

Saad1993

Star Member
May 9, 2017
It is not Required and you can fly to Canada without it, officers at the POE will ask if you got one, will not deny you entry if you don't
Just have letter of enrolment ready and all good to go
I myself hope this is the case. Please let us know if you yourself experienced this. Also which visa office was yours? Thanks

Abbas1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
yes I travelled 2 times where I should have it with me but I didn't, everything went smooth at the border
2007 and 2015
just explain to them that you never got it, its not a big deal and I don't think you should delay your travel because of it

Reactions: HinaSara

Saad1993

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Wh
yes I travelled 2 times where I should have it with me but I didn't, everything went smooth at the border
2007 and 2015
just explain to them that you never got it, its not a big deal and I don't think you should delay your travel because of it
Which country are you from if I may ask?

Zed03

Jun 20, 2017
Vadodara
Ok guys so I mailes the Visa Office at Bangalore regarding the issue and I am quoting their reply below.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Consulate General of Canada in Bengaluru.

Your visa has already been issued. A Port of Entry (POE) introduction letter is automatically generated and sent to the email address provided in your application form for presentation at the Port of Entry. If you have not received this POE letter, you may print out a copy of this email and present it instead along with your visa, to the Canada Border Services officer upon arrival in Canada.

Your Study and/or Work Permit will be issued at the Port of Entry as per usual procedures.

All communications related to your application are sent to the email address provided in the application form.

We trust this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Client Service Unit, Immigration
Consulate General of Canada in Bengaluru / Government of Canada

So, if you haven’t received POE Letter, mail your respectice Visa office, get this email and keep a copy with you while traveling.

Hope this helps.

Anmol.1766

Oct 9, 2017
Ok guys so I mailes the Visa Office at Bangalore regarding the issue and I am quoting their reply below.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Consulate General of Canada in Bengaluru.

Your visa has already been issued. A Port of Entry (POE) introduction letter is automatically generated and sent to the email address provided in your application form for presentation at the Port of Entry. If you have not received this POE letter, you may print out a copy of this email and present it instead along with your visa, to the Canada Border Services officer upon arrival in Canada.

Your Study and/or Work Permit will be issued at the Port of Entry as per usual procedures.

All communications related to your application are sent to the email address provided in the application form.

We trust this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Client Service Unit, Immigration
Consulate General of Canada in Bengaluru / Government of Canada

So, if you haven’t received POE Letter, mail your respectice Visa office, get this email and keep a copy with you while traveling.

Hope this helps.
What did you write to them and in how many day did they replied?