+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'approval in-principle' IRCC interpretation

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
IRCC will provide an approval-in-principle for study permits if students pass the first stage.

In an email to CIC News, IRCC explained:

The two-stage assessment process will be applied to applicants at all levels of study whose program is starting in the fall semester or earlier and who submit, or have already submitted, a study permit application online on or before September 15, 2020.
At the initial eligibility stage, officers will assess:
  • Letter of acceptance
  • Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (for those destined for a learning institution in Quebec)
  • Proof of funds
  • That the applicant is a bona fide student who will leave Canada when they no longer have legal temporary or permanent status
  • Family ties to Canada
For the admissibility stage, before a final decision is made, officers will review the following:
  • Immigration medical examination
  • Security-Police certificates
  • Biometrics
Upon receiving final approval for their study permit, students will be able to travel to Canada once international travel resumes.

source: https://www.cicnews.com/2020/07/canada-makes-huge-changes-to-help-international-students-0715032.html/amp

Ashekul

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
IRCC will provide an approval-in-principle for study permits if students pass the first stage.

Upon receiving final approval for their study permit, students will be able to travel to Canada once international travel resumes.

source: https://www.cicnews.com/2020/07/canada-makes-huge-changes-to-help-international-students-0715032.html/amp

About the admissibility stage, what if medical is already passed, biometric and police clearance are also submitted with the file?

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
About the admissibility stage, what if medical is already passed, biometric and police clearance are also submitted with the file?
i have the same question. in my case, i have already passed medicals, biometrics and police clearance were submitted along the application. i think, they are holding final decisions to discourage students to book tickets since travel restrictions are in place.

Reactions: Ashekul

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
i have the same question. in my case, i have already passed medicals, biometrics and police clearance were submitted along the application. i think, they are holding final decisions to discourage students to book tickets since travel restrictions are in place.
Yes until they get final approval from the Canadian govt . Now this totally depends on the pandemic situation.. however I feel they will start issuing visa for students so that they can begin online but wont allow any international students to travel to Canada before December January

Reactions: tanzirmahim

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
Yes until they get final approval from the Canadian govt . Now this totally depends on the pandemic situation.. however I feel they will start issuing visa for students so that they can begin online but wont allow any international students to travel to Canada before December January
besides an approved in principle doesn't guarantee a full study permit approval. it confuses me whether to start online classes this fall or not.

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
besides an approved in principle doesn't guarantee a full study permit approval. it confuses me whether to start online classes this fall or not.
The principle stage clearance is just like an Indirect approval as it's just because biometrics is not done..and its pretty easy to assume as you very well know your medical condition n biometrics is not an issue it is a guarantee completion once the VAC opens

chrisjohn

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
The principle stage clearance is just like an Indirect approval as it's just because biometrics is not done..and its pretty easy to assume as you very well know your medical condition n biometrics is not an issue it is a guarantee completion once the VAC opens
Can you explain on approval in principle?

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
I know this is old post but just confirming that my daughter received an Approval In principle today for her study permit. However she is a minor in high school.