+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apprenticeship and skilled worker program

Theotherone

Feb 18, 2019
Hello everyone,
I've completed my Express entry profile just two days ago, because I should be eligible as a federal skilled worker. I have a year's experience as an IT project manager in France but I was working in a "contrat de professionnalisation", meaning that I spent around a week each month in the classroom. I was paid for working and going to class.
I didn't see anywhere in the minimum requirements that my experience wouldn't count but I wanted to make sure: does anyone know if my year will count as the year's experience I need to qualify?

Thanks!

karanjessica

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hello everyone,
I've completed my Express entry profile just two days ago, because I should be eligible as a federal skilled worker. I have a year's experience as an IT project manager in France but I was working in a "contrat de professionnalisation", meaning that I spent around a week each month in the classroom. I was paid for working and going to class.
I didn't see anywhere in the minimum requirements that my experience wouldn't count but I wanted to make sure: does anyone know if my year will count as the year's experience I need to qualify?

Thanks!
hi, find your similar job code here and check the skill type. you need o,a orb.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

Theotherone

Feb 18, 2019
Hi,
I used 0213, so that should work. But if what I did is considered as an apprenticeship in Canada, would I still be eligible as a skilled worker?

Last edited: