+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

appointment to meet citizenship official about my applic - have you had one?

catteau

May 13, 2015
I'm a PR, and applied for citizenship in early January of this year. Because of my work I cannot be in the country 75% of the time, which I explained in great detail in my application, with a lot of documentation about my work (free-lance consulting on international development in 3rd world - almost all my work is overseas).

I received a residence questionnaire in March, and have sent in the requested materials (except for one thing that's still pending, which I told them).

I just got a letter saying "you have an appointment to meet with a citizenship official about your citizenship application." Thank goodness, I will be in the country on the date they have scheduled! And thank goodness I have evidence that someone has looked at my application! They asked me to bring originals of all the documents I sent in my application.

Has anyone else gotten an appointment like this, early on in the process? I'm guessing they want verification of my travels, and perhaps other things - but wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Also I don't have originals of all the documents I included in my application - some I only have scans of, some only exist in digital form and there never was an "original". Has anyone else had that situation, where they want to see originals that either never existed or you don't have them? (I'm going to figure out which I do and don't have, and probably call them in advance and ask about it - e.g. should I print yet MORE copies of the digital-only ones - I've already sent them, twice, around a kilo of double-sided documentation - or bring something like a list of which I don't have, and show them the ones I do have?)

Any advice? I assume that beyond looking respectable and tidy and so on, things like how I dress don't matter.

Other suggestions?

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My experience with digital stuff is that if is in color, when printed out there is almost no way to know if it's an original or not so my advice is print out all again as it was your original.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.. basically they are interested that you stay in the country for 1095 days out of 4 years.

I suggest that you take your family doctor visit history,tickets, boarding cards to
prove your in and out records, T4, tax assessment, your employment history etc.
Car insurance house lease or own papers etc..

wish you all the best of luck.. kindly let us know the outcome as I am also
expecting interview soon..

catteau

May 13, 2015
Janoo, they already know I can't be in 1095 days in four years because of my work - I explained it in great detail both on my application and on my residence questionnaire. I'm guessing somehow they want to assess my seriousness about Canada, or whether I'm making up my crazy work travel or something like that. I sent them literally a kilo of paper - two-sided printing - with all the documentation they asked for with the residence questionnaire (passports, work contracts, medical stuff, documentation on my home in Canada, etc. etc. etc.) - I guess they just want to scope me out as an individual.

If you are in 1095 days in four years, then hopefully yours will go okay - good luck!

janoo

May 16, 2014
HI... I know few people who got the Citizenship even they have not completed 1095 days

depend on the nature of your works and if you are making trips are you paying taxes

in Canada, your ties with Canada your immediate family, your house and etc...