+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appointment letter from best buy??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is what he told me regarding lmia.

"Best buy is a company not a position. The position given to you in your appointment letter is LMIA approved. Your employee documents will be used for the processing of your work permit and visa"
What do you mean “It is a company not a position.” Email should be from .ca address or BestbuyCanada not from .com or a support email. Best Buy Canada has its own HR website. Your email is fake.

https://bestbuycanada.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/BestBuyCA_Career

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
First sign its a scam is if a company offers you a role/position when you have not submitted an application. Unless you are well known in a niche field. For how can a company offer you a position/role if that company doesn't know you?

Also, when applying, try to research about the company. They still ask this in interviews: "What do you know about our company?"

Sayedsaeed

Jan 14, 2023
T
Best Buy is very well reputed, if you aren’t sure better to call them, if you need the phone number I live near Abbotsford I can get phone numbers for you, but again if someone asking money for that then absolutely fake and don’t pay them.
They never asked for money initially. After I signed the appointment letter, they are asking for a commitment fee of 500 CAD. Below is the email they sent along with the appointment letter which is in the form of pdf.

"
You had been successful in the Employment screening conducted by our requirement board. Your appointment letter has been attached to this mail.

Sign and send a copy of your appointment letter for compliance with the employment accord.

The next procedure is to make your documentation and commitment fee payment which is $500 Canadian Dollars, which will aid the authorization of your employee documents.
You have 3 days to submit your signed Appointment letter and 7 days to comply with the documentation and commitment payment unless your payment will be repudiated or declined.

Thank you

Regard
Best Buy: Secretariat Office: Representative"

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
T

They never asked for money initially. After I signed the appointment letter, they are asking for a commitment fee of 500 CAD. Below is the email they sent along with the appointment letter which is in the form of pdf.

"
You had been successful in the Employment screening conducted by our requirement board. Your appointment letter has been attached to this mail.

Sign and send a copy of your appointment letter for compliance with the employment accord.

The next procedure is to make your documentation and commitment fee payment which is $500 Canadian Dollars, which will aid the authorization of your employee documents.
You have 3 days to submit your signed Appointment letter and 7 days to comply with the documentation and commitment payment unless your payment will be repudiated or declined.

Thank you

Regard
100% fake, don’t pay them.

Sayedsaeed

Jan 14, 2023
First sign its a scam is if a company offers you a role/position when you have not submitted an application. Unless you are well known in a niche field. For how can a company offer you a position/role if that company doesn't know you?

Also, when applying, try to research about the company. They still ask this in interviews: "What do you know about our company?"
I did submit my cv and my documents including ielts. After 2 days, they sent me an appointment letter. Usually I can tell if it's a scam. But this seems to professional. Can you guide me through on how I should go about uploading an image here? I can't seem to find the way.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
T

"

Thank you

Regard
Scam. Don’t pay money and Best Buy would not have a “Secretariat Office.”

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did submit my cv and my documents including ielts. After 2 days, they sent me an appointment letter. Usually I can tell if it's a scam. But this seems to professional. Can you guide me through on how I should go about uploading an image here? I can't seem to find the way.
A company can’t ask you for money. No such thing as a Secretariat Office with Best Buy. It is not professional. It is a scam.

Reactions: Sayedsaeed

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
When I was still on SP, I also applied at Best Buy. There were a lot of applicants. And you got offered in just two days? Did they interview you? How did you send your application to them?

Like the other members said, don't pay them anything. This is definitely not from Best Buy.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
It’s fake, it’s fraud, don’t pay them.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We don't need to see the image. It's a scam.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
OK. Thank you for your time. I learned something new. So, any official email will have .ca at the end ha?
Most Canadian companies, yes.

One thing is for sure, no Canadian company will ask you to pay anything. Even the LMIA it is the employer that pays that. That's why only a few companies are willing to do that.

Sayedsaeed

Jan 14, 2023
When I was still on SP, I also applied at Best Buy. There were a lot of applicants. And you got offered in just two days? Did they interview you? How did you send your application to them?

Like the other members said, don't pay them anything. This is definitely not from Best Buy.
You are right. Now that I think about it, he sent me an interview form and they said

"As stated earlier. I mentioned your interview process which has been completed. I stated the company instructed that it's interview process will not be oral but CV based i.e credentials based assessment with rigorous spell check and authentication examination."

I should have seen it from a mile away.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

Barun Rana

May 9, 2023
Mr. Barun Rana,

The next procedure is to make your documentation and insurance fee payment, which is $700 Canadian Dollars, which will aid the authorization of your employee documents.
You have 2 days to submit your signed Appointment letter and 4 days to comply with the documentation and commitment payment unless your payment will be repudiated or declined.

Thank you

Regards,
Raelyn Scott.
P&A Representative & Middle QA Analyst
Processing & Authorization Department