+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying with a conditional offer, I'd like some input.

vikier

Jul 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hello, I've applied for my study permit for a master's course in Environmental Assessment from Concordia University. I'd like to know if I should expect a rejection and adjust my plans.
I've applied for the SDS stream from India, obtained a GIC, paid first year tuition, 8.5 on Ielts and bachelor's. The master's has a co-op work component.

Some things that I am concerned about:
I've received an offer from my university but on the condition that I complete 4 prerequisite courses side by side with my master's program, can't address right now.
The address on my passport and GIC is different from my current residence.
No employment so far. (fresh graduate)

I am confident about the other aspects of my application. Any other input about my overall application is also welcome. I'd just like to know what my chances are because I also have an offer from UK which I would take up otherwise.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Hello, I've applied for my study permit for a master's course in Environmental Assessment from Concordia University. I'd like to know if I should expect a rejection and adjust my plans.
I've applied for the SDS stream from India, obtained a GIC, paid first year tuition, 8.5 on Ielts and bachelor's. The master's has a co-op work component.

Some things that I am concerned about:
I've received an offer from my university but on the condition that I complete 4 prerequisite courses side by side with my master's program, can't address right now.
The address on my passport and GIC is different from my current residence.
No employment so far. (fresh graduate)

I am confident about the other aspects of my application. Any other input about my overall application is also welcome. I'd just like to know what my chances are because I also have an offer from UK which I would take up otherwise.
Not sure how that particular condition would impact your chances of being issued a visa but for what it’s worth I received an email from my university saying conditional offers wouldn’t be acceptable for study permits anymore ( is what IRCC told them ).
If you received your offer before April, it should still be ok in my opinion, however now it’s quite late in the application cycle and the Fall semester is approaching so they’d probably expect students to have cleared all the conditions attached to their offers.
Having said that, your condition states you need to take requisite courses along with your degree, so it shouldn’t be a problem as you cannot address this at the moment.

janaraja96

May 9, 2021
I don't think so it's a problem. Even I have applied with a conditional offer letter stating I need to conplete a course in Scholarly Writing, since my score in writing module of TOEFL was one mark lesser than their accepted levels. Earlier applicants have also applied with this offer letter amd gotten their visas.
But it's 4 courses for your so I'm not sure.