London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
Dear All,
Hope all is well.
Recently I landed in Canada as a new PR (in mid of Nov 2018)
My wife lives in Pakistan, she also has a valid visitor visa,but she didn't travel with me due to pregnancy. one month ago my baby was born, Now i want to apply Visit visa for my baby. Once they are here i will apply for their PR visa , Just want to spend some time with them, As per plan they will leave and will come again on PR visa.
Moreover i don't have a job, currently searching for it, so what are the chances that my child will get the visit visa? if there is any other suggestion please guide.
Thanks in advance to all the forum members for the help and support they have provided till now.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear All,
Hope all is well.
Recently I landed in Canada as a new PR (in mid of Nov 2018)
My wife lives in Pakistan, she also has a valid visitor visa,but she didn't travel with me due to pregnancy. one month ago my baby was born, Now i want to apply Visit visa for my baby. Once they are here i will apply for their PR visa , Just want to spend some time with them, As per plan they will leave and will come again on PR visa.
Moreover i don't have a job, currently searching for it, so what are the chances that my child will get the visit visa? if there is any other suggestion please guide.
Thanks in advance to all the forum members for the help and support they have provided till now.
Did you declare your wife and baby as your family members before/when you landed as a PR?

vdevil786

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
Did you declare your wife and baby as your family members before/when you landed as a PR?
No, I got my PR before my marriage.

vdevil786

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
Yes i landed Last month, No i didn't declare IRCC about my marital status. As per my information one should update IRCC if during the application process the marital status has changed.

Do i have to update IRCC as i got my PR long before my marriage.?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Yes i landed Last month, No i didn't declare IRCC about my marital status. As per my information one should update IRCC if during the application process the marital status has changed.

Do i have to update IRCC as i got my PR long before my marriage.?
No as for marital status, it must be updated with IRCC at all times especially after you obtained your COPR. If you had gotten married before you landed as PR, then it was crucial that you should had informed IRCC to include your dependents so they too can be issued PR the same time as you.

But as per what you had stated, you did not inform IRCC about your change of martial status and so as per IRCC regulations, your wife and child are forever excluded as family dependents which means you cannot sponsor them for PR anymore.

Didn't the CSBA officers confirmed with your marital status at the time of landing??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You had misunderstood/not read the fine print. It was mandatory for you to inform IRCC that you had got married.... and later for you to inform that you had a baby.... before/at the time of landing as a PR.

Unfortunately, your wife and baby are forever excluded from the Family Class. This means you can never apply to sponsor them for PR

vdevil786

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
You had misunderstood/not read the fine print. It was mandatory for you to inform IRCC that you had got married.... and later for you to inform that you had a baby.... before/at the time of landing as a PR.

Unfortunately, your wife and baby are forever excluded from the Family Class. This means you can never apply to sponsor them for PR
At the time of landing as a PR i was not married, i was single , first time i came to Canada just for 2 weeks to complete my landing, now i came permanently.
My marital status changed long after I completed my landing as a PR

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
At the time of landing as a PR i was not married, i was single , first time i came to Canada just for 2 weeks to complete my landing, now i came permanently.
My marital status changed long after I completed my landing as a PR
Your posts are contradictory. Anyways.

If you completed your landing formalities as single (and you were not married at the time) then you can sponsor your wife and baby. You can start the procedure right away. Chances of a TRV approval for the baby are slim. So, applying for a PR would be a faster/better option

Reactions: vdevil786

vdevil786

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
Your posts are contradictory. Anyways.

If you completed your landing formalities as single (and you were not married at the time) then you can sponsor your wife and baby. You can start the procedure right away. Chances of a TRV approval for the baby are slim. So, applying for a PR would be a faster/better option
Do i need a job before sponsoring my family or without job i can sponsor them?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do i need a job before sponsoring my family or without job i can sponsor them?
You can sponsor them without a job. It would help if you include a plan of how you will financially support them. For example, you have started looking for jobs/have job interviews + finances to cover rent and expenses, etc

Reactions: vdevil786

vdevil786

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
You can sponsor them without a job. It would help if you include a plan of how you will financially support them. For example, you have started looking for jobs/have job interviews + finances to cover rent and expenses, etc
Thanks for your quick replies, finances i can show for supporting my family. One last question how much time does it take to process family visa?

vdevil786

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
Thanks for your quick replies, finances i can show for supporting my family. One last question how much time does it take to process family visa?

Thanks for your time, i will check the rest from the CIC website.

iman_k360

Dec 11, 2018
Hi
my wife and i has been approved for visitors visa in June 2018
how can i make a request for my new born baby?
is it mandatory to make a cic account for him or not?
if yes how?
thanks