+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying under SDS Category but physically in other country

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Hey,
I have question regarding the sds category application. I already applied once from Pakistan under sds and got rejected few months ago. My all documents are from Pakistan but i am physcially in Dubai right now. Is it possible that i can lodge file from here but in application i submit all the details about Pakistan since i am from Pakistan and my university fees and all paperwork has been done from Pakistan. Do i need to be physically present in Pakistan? i want to apply under sds.

Thanks for your guidance in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey,
I have question regarding the sds category application. I already applied once from Pakistan under sds and got rejected few months ago. My all documents are from Pakistan but i am physcially in Dubai right now. Is it possible that i can lodge file from here but in application i submit all the details about Pakistan since i am from Pakistan and my university fees and all paperwork has been done from Pakistan. Do i need to be physically present in Pakistan? i want to apply under sds.

Thanks for your guidance in advance.
You apply from where you are living and physically present right now so UAE.

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
You apply from where you are living and physically present right now so UAE.
I dont understand since I have done upfront medical ,biometrics, IELTS from Pakistan why my presence is important? what if i submit in my application that i am living in Pakistan. does the VO checks this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I dont understand since I have done upfront medical ,biometrics, IELTS from Pakistan why my presence is important? what if i submit in my application that i am living in Pakistan. does the VO checks this?
You don't want to commit misrepresentation in your application. That could create a whole new set of problems for you.

Are you just outside of the country for a short holiday? Or have you actually moved there temporarily?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Don't lie and misrepresent yourself if living and working in the UAE. If IRCC finds out you may face a 5 year ban. You already have a rejection. If you have addressed your reasons for refusal, then applying under non SDS is not an issue. SDS doesn't expedite your application right now anyways.

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
You don't want to commit misrepresentation in your application. That could create a whole new set of problems for you.

Are you just outside of the country for a short holiday? Or have you actually moved there temporarily?
Yes that's the reason i am not applying from here that it could create problem for me. i am here temporarily, actually the problem is, my intake is jan 2023 and i have some important work in UAE and i cannot leave country for few more months. Then i guess i have defer my admission to spring or fall

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes that's the reason i am not applying from here that it could create problem for me. i am here temporarily, actually the problem is, my intake is jan 2023 and i have some important work in UAE and i cannot leave country for few more months. Then i guess i have defer my admission to spring or fall
You can apply non SDS. At this point through either stream, you are unlikely to get it processed by January.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Then you need to do non SDS