+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying TRV from outside Canada with approved Study permit.

GV-Patiala

Jul 2, 2021
Hi, I applied for a study permit extension in October 2023 and received it in November 2023. My visa was expiring on 31st Dec 2023, but I had to travel to India for some urgent reason in mid-December. I applied for a new TRV from Canada (made an outside Canada application with an Indian address) on 13 Dec 2023. Haven't received any update since then. Processing time has passed. Raised webform but no reply. What to do in this situation as I want to go back to Canada for my classes.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I applied for a study permit extension in October 2023 and received it in November 2023. My visa was expiring on 31st Dec 2023, but I had to travel to India for some urgent reason in mid-December. I applied for a new TRV from Canada (made an outside Canada application with an Indian address) on 13 Dec 2023. Haven't received any update since then. Processing time has passed. Raised webform but no reply. What to do in this situation as I want to go back to Canada for my classes.
Honestly there is not much you can do. Webforms can take up to 30 days to review request. If eligibility and background are completed then passport request will be soon. If you want to reach out to your MP, where you live, you can. All they can do is contact IRCC about status.

Reactions: GV-Patiala