+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying to Study English In Canada

Feb

Jun 30, 2016
I have Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. I want to apply for study permit visa (1year) to study english for 6+ months ina addition observership course for 4 months as i am willing to apply for expres entry also license exams in the long term.
The institute i have applied for is enrolled under the DLI.
But my question is
1- will i be able to work part-time while studying?!
2- is it considered mismatch of study?!..although I really need to Improve My English.. And back home the levels of the language institutions are low.
Also the spoken and conversation english is way different from the medical english.. So is it still mismatch?!

3- will i be able to have bank loans!.. Or it is only for Canadian Students!
4-the money i have in my mother bank account is there for less than 4 months!
So will that increase risk for rejection.?
Or it depends on the officer?

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Your chances of getting a student visa are slim to none.
1- You studied Medicine, choosing English is a course mismatch
2- Visa approvals for English language programs are very rare

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
You should better enroll a Graduate program related to your field, otherwise your visa will be rejected for sure.

Feb

Jun 30, 2016
OMG.. Even if the Institute has DLI Number?!
What is i want to improve my spoken english... it is not a mismatch!.. Language is sth different than Medicine!
And if i want to apply for Immigration later i should have good English!
So you advise me to change my Mind! :(

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If you find a course related to your field , get a study permit for that and live in the country for a year or two the fact that you will be immersed in an English speaking country will be just as good as trying to get a permit supporting an English course which as others posters have said is unlikely to succeed. On a full time course you can work 20 hours a week but if you wanted for exmple to work in a hospital or any other medical facility you would need a medical.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Feb said:
OMG.. Even if the Institute has DLI Number?!
What is i want to improve my spoken english... it is not a mismatch!.. Language is sth different than Medicine!
And if i want to apply for Immigration later i should have good English!
So you advise me to change my Mind! :(
People apply to take English courses in Canada when they are looking to immigrate to Canada long term and aren't really genuine students. You won't look like a genuine student to CIC and the chances of refusal are very high. Change your plans to take a course in Canada that makes sense in light of your previous studies. Taking English does not make sense no matter how you try to explain it.