+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying to renew an expired pr card for the second time

CanFamily

Jan 24, 2013
What if: I was accompanying my son who is a Canadian + I was watching over a 90 years old grandmother that did not allow me to leave; afterwords there was a health issue and I was inheriting my grandmothers property that took time + all along I was accompanying my Canadian son. All I need is a PRTD to come to Canada and there to determine if I'm eligible to renew my PR. I'm talking about PRTD here, thank you for your feedback!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CanFamily said:
What if: I was accompanying my son who is a Canadian + I was watching over a 90 years old grandmother that did not allow me to leave; afterwords there was a health issue and I was inheriting my grandmothers property that took time + all along I was accompanying my Canadian son. All I need is a PRTD to come to Canada and there to determine if I'm eligible to renew my PR. I'm talking about PRTD here, thank you for your feedback!
Accompanying your Canadian citizen son counts for nothing. However if you had a Canadian citizen spouse accompanying you, then you can count the time spent outside of Canada (and with your spouse) towards your PR residency obligation. Do you have a Canadian citizen spouse?

I think your PRTD case is very weak. Taking care of your grandmother may be considered if you can provide medical proof (letters from doctors, hospitalization records) that she was unable to take care of herself for the entire period of time you were with her. You will also need to demonstrate that there was no one else to take care of her (i.e. there are no other family members living in her country). Same for the health issue afterwards. If you want this to be considered, you will have to provide strong medical proof of why this prevent you from traveling. I don't think CIC will consider the inheritance as a reason to delay your return to Canada (financial reasons are typically ignored).

Given you have waited four years after the expiry of your PR card to pursue this, I believe CIC will refuse the PRTD.

But you can always try and see what happens...

CanFamily

Jan 24, 2013
NO, I did not accompany a Canadian husband or wife. Do you know what health conditions are the most suitable in such cases?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CanFamily said:
NO, I did not accompany a Canadian husband or wife. Do you know what health conditions are the most suitable in such cases?
Whatever health conditions really happened. Don't make things up.