+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying to extend my Visitor Visa!

Aislingh250

Oct 9, 2013
Hey,

So I was wondering if anyone knew what to do in this situation..

I am applying to extend my visitor visa (so I can stay in Canada whilst waiting for PR approval)
I'm filling out the application form, but ran out of space in my employment history. Im doing it online and you can only add one document to each section so I cant just add another of the same page with more of my history on it so I don't know what to do!

If anyone knows, Id be grateful for any help!

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Hi,

I had the same issue and there are two ways to fix that:

1. Print the page of the application where you should give your employment details (do as much copies of this page as you need). Fill it by hand, sign and do the numeration if it s more than one page. I was doing this kind of header: Additional page 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 (and so on) of the application #XXXX / Name / Surname / Date / Place. After i scanned all the pages and merged them in one pdf (you can do that in Adobe Acrobat or using online resources) and uploaded in the folder "Letter of explanation". If you have more than one document for the folder Letter of explanation, do the merge for all of them (in the end my letter of explanation contained around 8 pages of different docs).

2. The second way - is to do exactly the same, but you don't print the application pages. Instead you make a table in Word for example (using all the same fields as in the application), fill this document, print, scan and so on. I think it s more convenient if you have a lot of information, with your own table you can fit it just in one page. But I got this idea after I submitted my application :)

But make sure that you let them know that you attached additional info about you employment. I mentioned that in my cover letter.
Got my visa already, so the first option definitely worked.

Aislingh250

Oct 9, 2013
Aweosme, Ill do that! Thanks a lot!

Do you by chance know what to do around a photo too?

I have a 35mm x 45 mm pic that Im going to scan, but Im very confused around changing image size, pixels etc! What did you do?!

Thanks again!

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Scan your photo with maximum quality settings (you will see the guide for those settings if you click on "?" in the digital photo section). After that you can check that your photo has correct sizes with any photo redactor. I already had my digital photo (left from US visa), but it has 5x5 sizes, so i had to crop it a little bit. Photo redactors has a lot of tools and it works just fine with it.