+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying supervisa for Mother living in Pakistan

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Good Morning,

I need some advice and suggestions regarding my mother's super visa application.

I am UK national living in Canada for the last 3 years on WP and just got my PR this week. I have my last 3 years Tax assessment , Bank statements ,pay stubs and income threshold required to sponsor parents .

Regarding my mother, she is a single retired woman living with my uncles and sister (who is a Canadian PR but just did her soft landing and still in Pakistan).My mother has property and bank balance/saving certificate and pension as her assets .She has multi entry US visit visa and have traveled twice .Apart from that she has visited Dubai and Saudi recently with my sister .Main issue is she had 3 UK visa refusals ( reasons no strong ties, you will not leave the country, not satisfied with the bank statements ) and 2 Canadian visit visa refusals( tried calling her during my spouse surgery as we did not have any family here and have younger kids who need to be looked after if I will be at hospital , second visa was submitted with MPs letter but got refusal on similar reasons though MP was surprised too and took case to higher authority but being on TFW status they cannot interfere with VO).

Now I want to apply for her super visa, how to prove strong ties to home country as I have always assured that she will go back by having notarized letters and there is no intention of her living here as she is settled in Pakistan and the culture . She just wants to visit us and spend some quality time with her grand children .

Looking forward for your valuable suggestions.

@canuck78 @Bryanna I have read some of your comments on other supervisa threads .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good Morning,

I need some advice and suggestions regarding my mother's super visa application.

I am UK national living in Canada for the last 3 years on WP and just got my PR this week. I have my last 3 years Tax assessment , Bank statements ,pay stubs and income threshold required to sponsor parents .

Regarding my mother, she is a single retired woman living with my uncles and sister (who is a Canadian PR but just did her soft landing and still in Pakistan).My mother has property and bank balance/saving certificate and pension as her assets .She has multi entry US visit visa and have traveled twice .Apart from that she has visited Dubai and Saudi recently with my sister .Main issue is she had 3 UK visa refusals ( reasons no strong ties, you will not leave the country, not satisfied with the bank statements ) and 2 Canadian visit visa refusals( tried calling her during my spouse surgery as we did not have any family here and have younger kids who need to be looked after if I will be at hospital , second visa was submitted with MPs letter but got refusal on similar reasons though MP was surprised too and took case to higher authority but being on TFW status they cannot interfere with VO).

Now I want to apply for her super visa, how to prove strong ties to home country as I have always assured that she will go back by having notarized letters and there is no intention of her living here as she is settled in Pakistan and the culture . She just wants to visit us and spend some quality time with her grand children .

Looking forward for your valuable suggestions.

@canuck78 @Bryanna I have read some of your comments on other supervisa threads .
A notarized letter is useless. Anyone can notarize a letter and it's really not enforceable in any way. MP letters are pretty useless as well. The MP has no control over what she does or doesn't do.

She needs to show ties such as property, assets, etc. I would recommend you avoid saying that she's going to take care of your kids. This is classified as illegal work by IRCC when it looks like there are plans for the parent to be doing this long term.

FYI - MP cannot influence or change IRCC decisions. Doesn't matter if you are a TFW or Canadian. You need to strengthen the application with evidence of your mother's ties.

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
A notarized letter is useless. Anyone can notarize a letter and it's really not enforceable in any way. MP letters are pretty useless as well. The MP has no control over what she does or doesn't do.

She needs to show ties such as property, assets, etc. I would recommend you avoid saying that she's going to take care of your kids. This is classified as illegal work by IRCC when it looks like there are plans for the parent to be doing this long term.

FYI - MP cannot influence or change IRCC decisions. Doesn't matter if you are a TFW or Canadian. You need to strengthen the application with evidence of your mother's ties.
Thanks for taking out time and responding to my query.

My mother was not supposed to take care of kids but for emotional support as kids will not have parents during surgery and spouse was supposed to be at bed rest for two weeks .Invitation letter never showed that she will take care as hiring a nanny was not an issue but for kids it would have been tough but that was in 2017 when I applied for her visit visa.

I know notarized letter does not have weight age but I did that to see if it can make any difference as some people got lucky.

Regarding MP , for sure they cannot and should not influence IRCC in anyway but she did help what was in her capacity and I know people who got their parents visa done ( they had refusals earlier) when I recommended them to the same MP as she backed the application with her letter .

I have posted to get some advice on how to prove strong ties in above scenario when she has assets and funds back home to show ties but Visa officers doubt her intention to leave country . How to satisfy them?

kind regards

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Thanks for taking out time and responding to my query.

My mother was not supposed to take care of kids but for emotional support as kids will not have parents during surgery and spouse was supposed to be at bed rest for two weeks .Invitation letter never showed that she will take care as hiring a nanny was not an issue but for kids it would have been tough but that was in 2017 when I applied for her visit visa.

I know notarized letter does not have weight age but I did that to see if it can make any difference as some people got lucky.

Regarding MP , for sure they cannot and should not influence IRCC in anyway but she did help what was in her capacity and I know people who got their parents visa done ( they had refusals earlier) when I recommended them to the same MP as she backed the application with her letter .

I have posted to get some advice on how to prove strong ties in above scenario when she has assets and funds back home to show ties but Visa officers doubt her intention to leave country . How to satisfy them?

kind regards
Go ahead and apply for a super visa, you might have better luck. In part because you provide medical insurance upas well as medicals with the application, and the super visa does take some of the financial burden and ties from your mother and puts them towards your side. So if you meet the income criteria for your mom plus yourself plus spouse and any kids then apply. I would guess the success rate for super visa for parents is much higher than regular trv for parents. Use her property, other assets and also pension as ties....not much else she can do if she does not have a spouse or minor children of her own.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
I would recommend to add and elaborate on "that your mother has never visited Canada and wanted to visit so that she can visit many places here". Also add a statement that "Niagara falls, one of the wonders of the world, and it is her dream to visit". Also add she has not seen her grand kids for a long time and if you are the only son, add those points as well.

Hope this helps. I used these similar information when I was applying for my spouse's visit visa and it worked.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Supervisa tend to much easier to get versus TRV. Your big hurdle will be both you and your sister now have PR. You need to prove that your mother plans to return to Pakistan even if your sister plans to move to Canada especially if you are both her only children. Visiting places in Canada isn’t that important what is most important is proof that she plans on visiting and she is not moving to Canada.

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
@canuck78 Thank you for the response. Can you advice how can we write a convincing letter to show her ties as she had 3 UK and 2 Canadian visit visa refusals?
Those refusal letters which always mention ties and financial circumstances as reason of refusal though she has good financial standing and now its even much better than earlier.They always doubt her intentions of not going back to home country which is not the case.

I mean to say how can I try to convince VO that doubting her intention of not going back is subjective here as we can't help it if her kids are here .

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
@canuck78 Thank you for the response. Can you advice how can we write a convincing letter to show her ties as she had 3 UK and 2 Canadian visit visa refusals?
Those refusal letters which always mention ties and financial circumstances as reason of refusal though she has good financial standing and now its even much better than earlier.They always doubt her intentions of not going back to home country which is not the case.

I mean to say how can I try to convince VO that doubting her intention of not going back is subjective here as we can't help it if her kids are here .
Usmz, does your relative or her immediate family members have any overstay history that might cause red flags?

I understand that proving financial means is subjective step and someone's case might just be decided based on other ties. Addressing those might help, for ex other country travel history, lot of disposable income.

Another suggestion would be to consider providing full financial sponsorship as a sponsor. Essentially fullfil documentation requirements for supervisa even if you are applying for plain Trv.

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Usmz, does your relative or her immediate family members have any overstay history that might cause red flags?

I understand that proving financial means is subjective step and someone's case might just be decided based on other ties. Addressing those might help, for ex other country travel history, lot of disposable income.

Another suggestion would be to consider providing full financial sponsorship as a sponsor. Essentially fullfil documentation requirements for supervisa even if you are applying for plain Trv.

Hi,

No, There is no overstay history of mine or my immediate family members. Regarding my mother, she got 5 year multiple entry US visa twice and currently holding a valid US visa. She has visited US twice in the last 5 years , UAE and Saudi too. She is financially sound having her own property , investments, pension,Foreign account (which has good amount) and other local account.She has life time medical coverage from her previous employer in Pakistan.

For fully financial sponsorship, super visa requires you to take this responsibility so that is not an issue. In fact, in all her previous UK and Canadian Visit Visa application I took the complete responsibility of all her expenses from accommodation to fares and other travel expenses and all refusals clearly mentioned that they accept that I am in position to do all this.This time from income to financial stability,there is no issue on my end. I have all my required documents ready .

As you wrote , judging ties and financial stability of applicant is subjective, what else I can submit to show her ties to home country as she always submitted above financial documents in earlier applications too.

Thank you
@subodhp

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does she have property in her name? Is she required to return home after a certain time period to receive a pension. Those types of things that provide ties to your home country. Supervisas tend to be easier to get versus TRV and you can only include the ties she actually has.

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Does she have property in her name? Is she required to return home after a certain time period to receive a pension. Those types of things that provide ties to your home country. Supervisas tend to be easier to get versus TRV and you can only include the ties she actually has.
Yes, she has a property on her name in an affluent locality . She has to be physically present to receive her pension and profit on her investments

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, she has a property on her name in an affluent locality . She has to be physically present to receive her pension and profit on her investments
Those are great ties. It was not clear whether she owned property since she lives with siblings.

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
She lives with her 2 brothers and my sister in her maternal home as she was a single parent so always lived with her siblings but she has her own property and financially never depended on me or her siblings.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She lives with her 2 brothers and my sister in her maternal home as she was a single parent so always lived with her siblings but she has her own property and financially never depended on me or her siblings.
Does have a home or just land? Still a tie but not as good as owning the home she lives in. These are the types of things you need to highlight in terms of strong ties.