+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying student visa in july 2019. Is it possible to get before 15th August?

Savan.harsh

Jun 27, 2019
i am planning to apply visa on 7th july 2019. Is it possible to get visa in August ? Is it too late? What are the chances. What if visa approved just one week before course starting date?

notjonsnow

May 13, 2019
I would suggest apply at the earliest. Even tomorrow if possible.
The reason is that even though under SDS scheme the process time given is within 20 days, there are many cases as of now where its been more than 20 days and no update. Infact over a month and no update (You can find many on current forum)
It may be that your file is processed under 20 days, but nothing is for sure and seeing the current responses from many students, the process time is actually taking long. Also, god forbid due to any reason a VISA is rejected, you would need time to apply again aswell.
So just a personal suggestion, file at the earliest.

Good luck :)

Savan.harsh

Jun 27, 2019
I would suggest apply at the earliest. Even tomorrow if possible.
The reason is that even though under SDS scheme the process time given is within 20 days, there are many cases as of now where its been more than 20 days and no update. Infact over a month and no update (You can find many on current forum)
It may be that your file is processed under 20 days, but nothing is for sure and seeing the current responses from many students, the process time is actually taking long. Also, god forbid due to any reason a VISA is rejected, you would need time to apply again aswell.
So just a personal suggestion, file at the earliest.

Good luck :)
Thnaks. I have paid college fees . Waiting for response from college. I’ll apply as early as possible. :)

bkvepran

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Hi there
I've applied on the 3rd of june and still havnt recieved any update on application. I'm afraid that if my visa does get accepted (hopefully it will), it might arrive really late.
I've applied from London.
What course have you guys applied to?
Mine is Visual merchandising starting in Sept 2019

Ankita G.

mayank2795

Jun 23, 2019
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
i am planning to apply visa on 7th july 2019. Is it possible to get visa in August ? Is it too late? What are the chances. What if visa approved just one week before course starting date?
So did you apply yet? Or you have any progress with your study permit application?

Naina.su

Jul 28, 2019
I have applied on 06th july 2019 (sds) and Biometrics done on 10th july 2019 after 20 days got an update showing WE NEED YOUR FINGERPRINTS TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION
But i have given my fingerprints already and also contacted the VFS (one who took my fingerprints) they said no issue from their side.
No idea . What to do.

mayank2795

Jun 23, 2019
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
I have applied on 06th july 2019 (sds) and Biometrics done on 10th july 2019 after 20 days got an update showing WE NEED YOUR FINGERPRINTS TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION
But i have given my fingerprints already and also contacted the VFS (one who took my fingerprints) they said no issue from their side.
No idea . What to do.
VFS provides you with a slip for biometric confirmation. You can send a scanned copy of it to IRCC via the webform.