+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying student visa from Qatar ;

ADPJ

Dec 28, 2020
Hello all,

I am an Indian citizen applying for student visa and currently working in Qatar. I have received offer letter from Seneca College, Ontario for May intake. I would like to know whether its possible to do my visa process through VFS Qatar or should I apply in India. I would like to have the advice from the people who already applied earlier. Also, any one is applying for the next intake or may intake , lets keep in touch.

Many thanks in advance :)

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello all,

I am an Indian citizen applying for student visa and currently working in Qatar. I have received offer letter from Seneca College, Ontario for May intake. I would like to know whether its possible to do my visa process through VFS Qatar or should I apply in India. I would like to have the advice from the people who already applied earlier. Also, any one is applying for the next intake or may intake , lets keep in touch.

Many thanks in advance :)
I recently applied from UAE. Let me ask few questions & maybe I can advise. Do you fall in the age bracket of 30+ ? How long have you been working in Qatar? Are you able to show strong ties in India? (Property, assets, investments, etc) Will you be going with a family member? What was your last education qualification & was it in line with your work experience ? Is the program you choose in Canada in line with your past education & work experience ?

Reactions: ADPJ

ADPJ

Dec 28, 2020
Thank you Shalid for the kind reply and please find the details as below ;
Do you fall in the age bracket of 30+ = Yes I am 34
How long have you been working in Qatar? 2.5 yrs (Staying outside India for 13 years)
Are you able to show strong ties in India? (Property, assets, investments, etc) YES
Will you be going with a family member? NO
what was your last education qualification Bachelors in Business Administration
& was it in line with your work experience ? Not really .
(I have done masters in line with my work experience however that college is not existing anymore and the certificate is not valid. I have 10 years of experience but I need valid certificate to get job on senior management level. That's why I am applying for this program)
Is the program you choose in Canada in line with your past education & work experience ? Yes, completely connected with my work experience.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Thank you Shalid for the kind reply and please find the details as below ;
Do you fall in the age bracket of 30+ = Yes I am 34
How long have you been working in Qatar? 2.5 yrs (Staying outside India for 13 years)
Are you able to show strong ties in India? (Property, assets, investments, etc) YES
Will you be going with a family member? NO
what was your last education qualification Bachelors in Business Administration
& was it in line with your work experience ? Not really .
(I have done masters in line with my work experience however that college is not existing anymore and the certificate is not valid. I have 10 years of experience but I need valid certificate to get job on senior management level. That's why I am applying for this program)
Is the program you choose in Canada in line with your past education & work experience ? Yes, completely connected with my work experience.

Ok. Here's the thing if you apply from Qatar your VO is most likely going to be Abu Dhabi. The problem is the VO there are prone to reject mature applicants who have lived in GCC countries for that long. They feel you will overstay your VISA and not go back home because you live in a country with temporary status. There has been some leniency shown if you pursue a masters program from reputed universities as PG or Graduate Certificates are considered to be more targeted at fresh graduates or someone with minimal experience and hence they feel it wont add value to your profile.

If you have plans to return to India for good then it will be best to apply from India as that makes your profile in line with most others & will be treated fairly. If you choose to apply from Qatar, make sure to write a strong SOP on your study plan, what you wish to achieve & what will you be doing once you return to India and how this program will help you achieve that. One thing most important is to show very strong home ties, do whatever it takes to convince them that you will go back home . Wife, kids, parents, pets, whatever it takes.

Here is the link for you as a starting point, read through it. Fairly simple.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp

Reactions: ADPJ

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hii,
Can someone please send me their SOP sample.. I'm in Qatar and trying to apply on study permit

Robinjo

Jan 14, 2021
Hii,
Can someone please send me their SOP sample.. I'm in Qatar and trying to apply on study permit
Did u apply for ur study permit? Or going to apply? I worked in Qatar from 2015 to 2017.Now in kerala. I'm also 33.I applied for Jan intake in November, but my visa got rejected in January. Now I applied again last week. Waiting for the luck. So I think its better to apply from Kerala.