+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying SDS while living in non designated country

STELLARRISE

Dec 10, 2020
Hi,

I of course do not recommend this to anyone but I am pursuing it to sort of get the permit faster specially in the corona epidemic days and all the delays that is happening.

So I am from Pakistan (citizen) but I am living in UAE. I have not lived here for more than 6 months for the past so many years. Now, I came to Pakistan to get my police cert, medical and GIC to apply in the SDS category.

Do you think this can backfire in the later stages once they ask me to submit my passport? I have still not paid for the GIC so I still have time to apply through the normal process.

Please suggest.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi,

I of course do not recommend this to anyone but I am pursuing it to sort of get the permit faster specially in the corona epidemic days and all the delays that is happening.

So I am from Pakistan (citizen) but I am living in UAE. I have not lived here for more than 6 months for the past so many years. Now, I came to Pakistan to get my police cert, medical and GIC to apply in the SDS category.

Do you think this can backfire in the later stages once they ask me to submit my passport? I have still not paid for the GIC so I still have time to apply through the normal process.

Please suggest.
If you will search the forum, there are lots of Filipinos residing in UAE who put their address in PH and their file is processed in Manila without any issues. I have not seen anyone do this from India or Pakistan so can't comment how safe this is. But with PH they have been mostly successful. Definitely a loophole so don't know if this would work well for other countries as it does for applicants from PH.