+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Schengen Visa (Italian) with PR card

bbears27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Hi all,

I am a PR and waiting for citizenship.

I need advice on travel insurance required for Schengen Visa (Italian).

Is Manulife travel insurance enough?

Any experiences here?

Thanks much!

shahzadpir

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER (21-10-2014)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
03-12-2014
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulilah)
Passport Req..
29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Hi all,

I am a PR and waiting for citizenship.

I need advice on travel insurance required for Schengen Visa (Italian).

Is Manulife travel insurance enough?

Any experiences here?

Thanks much!
Hi There,

I was wondering how did you make out requirements on insurance?

My question is, my wife and myself we have applied for citizenship and waiting for result. We are both PR. I am planning to visit Italy on a company business requirement but I want to take my wife as well. So I was wondering what will be the requirement of applying visit visa to Italy for both of us? Would appreciate any guidance.

bbears27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Hi There,

I was wondering how did you make out requirements on insurance?

My question is, my wife and myself we have applied for citizenship and waiting for result. We are both PR. I am planning to visit Italy on a company business requirement but I want to take my wife as well. So I was wondering what will be the requirement of applying visit visa to Italy for both of us? Would appreciate any guidance.
Hello,

Yes, I made it to Italy in November. This website http://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en can help you for tourist visa. The requirements depend on your location. You should check the nearest Italian consulate where you can apply for visa and make an appointment.

We purchased the Industrial Alliance travel insurance: https://shop.tugo.com/store/IA1002 and added the
Non medical Plans - Accidental Death & Dismemberment option as required on the list of documents to prepare for the visa.

Hope this information will help you.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

shahzadpir

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER (21-10-2014)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
03-12-2014
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulilah)
Passport Req..
29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Hello,

Yes, I made it to Italy in November. This website http://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en can help you for tourist visa. The requirements depend on your location. You should check the nearest Italian consulate where you can apply for visa and make an appointment.

We purchased the Industrial Alliance travel insurance: https://shop.tugo.com/store/IA1002 and added the
Non medical Plans - Accidental Death & Dismemberment option as required on the list of documents to prepare for the visa.

Hope this information will help you.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Great Thanks. Few questions, would appreciate if you can let me know.

I am working In New Brunswick, and we are buying an equipment from Italy, so I have to go there to inspect it to ensure it meets our company' requirement, so my visit will be official.

I want to take my wife with me too, now I am not sure, if our visit will be counted as business or personal, though I will be applying for business. It's kind of confusing.

Secondly, regarding medical, I already have a Blucross Medical insurance form work, and my wife is a housemaker, and she has bluecross insurance from my side as my employer gives it for me and my family, so do I still need to take an insurance for both of us?

Do I have to show any financial/ bank balance requirement to apply for this visa? We are not Canadian National yet, as we are from Pakistan, but we both have Canadian PR. So nor sure how easier it will be for us?

bbears27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Bank statements are required for tourist visa.
You can check on the website for the list of requirements.