+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Refugee status while visiting Canada second time

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
When you traveled to USA you had an opportunity to claim asylum there. Instead, you chose to return to your home country. Due to this your refugee claim may not be taken seriously as it looks like you don't really need protection from your home country. A real refugee would have immediately claimed asylum in USA.

You can certainly try to claim asylum when arriving in Canada, however based on your story the chances of success may be quite low. If refugee claim is denied, you'll be deported back to your home country.
thanks ROB.. but ROB at that time new elected president od usa created troubles for asylum seekers in usa and they were trying to move canada thru usa border. and second iam from minorities and have big issues with them in our country ....

please suggest in this regard.

thanks in advance

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
thanks ROB.. but ROB at that time new elected president od usa created troubles for asylum seekers in usa and they were trying to move canada thru usa border. and second iam from minorities and have big issues with them in our country ....

please suggest in this regard.

thanks in advance
It doesn't matter who the president was, the fact you voluntarily went back to your home country instead of claiming asylum when you had the chance, shows you are not a real refugee.

Also simply being a minority in your home country does not qualify you as a refugee. You would need to have specific cases of violence/threats against you, backed up with proof from police reports, hospital records, etc.

Based on what you've stated so far, your chances for successful asylum claim in Canada do not look good.

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
It doesn't matter who the president was, the fact you voluntarily went back to your home country instead of claiming asylum when you had the chance, shows you are not a real refugee.

Also simply being a minority in your home country does not qualify you as a refugee. You would need to have specific cases of violence/threats against you, backed up with proof from police reports, hospital records, etc.

Based on what you've stated so far, your chances for successful asylum claim in Canada do not look good.
thank you for your reply...

i have some evidence but not in english language .... so how Canadian govt will take these evidence and if govt of Canada try to get verify from asylum seeker's home country then will it take time?

thanks for your prompt reply...

R

rish888

i have some evidence but not in english language .... so how Canadian govt will take these evidence and if govt of Canada try to get verify from asylum seeker's home country then will it take time?

I guess you could get it translated. Would also guess it's up to you to prove your documents are authentic.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

You will eventually need to get the documents translated at some point before your refugee hearing.

And yes if the evidence you have is from official sources like newspaper, police or hospital, then IRCC may check with the original sources to ensure authenticity during the background/security checks.

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
You will eventually need to get the documents translated at some point before your refugee hearing.

And yes if the evidence you have is from official sources like newspaper, police or hospital, then IRCC may check with the original sources to ensure authenticity during the background/security checks.
Thanks ROB for prompt and Brief reply...
I want to file in Canada .can u suggest me in which province i should file?
can u suggest me good lawyer ? and also can u help me in this regard??

I will always be grateful for you.
Thanks

Iceiced

Mar 1, 2018
If already an asylum seeker in usa.
But he came to canada on visitor visa.
Can he claim asylum in canada?

Atif8888

Jul 28, 2018
Hi,
When u have us visit visa and making asylum in canada by border agency.. Us visit visa will be cancelled or what? r u eligible to enter usa again?
No matter your asylum approved or rejected or you voluntarily withdraw asylum and went back to home country??
Plz reply thanks

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Hi,
When u have us visit visa and making asylum in canada by border agency.. Us visit visa will be cancelled or what? r u eligible to enter usa again?
No matter your asylum approved or rejected or you voluntarily withdraw asylum and went back to home country??
Plz reply thanks
Authomatically your US visit visa will be cancelled. You won’t be able to visit until your claim is accepted and you can with RTD till your PR is ready

Atif8888

Jul 28, 2018
Authomatically your US visit visa will be cancelled. You won’t be able to visit until your claim is accepted and you can with RTD till your PR is ready
But if anybody withdrawn the asylum before hearing in canada voluntarily and return back to home country. And having usa visit visa validity, can he travel to usa from his home country??

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
In all likelihood your visa has been cancelled. The fact you claimed asylum means you have been entered into the system as a refugee claimant. That information is retained for a very long time. And since the US has access to Canadian immigration information, even if it hasn’t been cancelled, you will probably be refused entry by CBP as a risk of overstaying.