VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So there is no problem in obtaining prtd second time.

But why would they put it under investigation that someone got pr by fraud, just because he/she missed prtd deadline because it was too short..
Ok you can loose your PR or citizenship if you have acquired it by fraud. What I did is to add the only reason why would they not approve your PRTD. (or to commit a heavy crime for PR or terrorist act for a citizen). Which of course I assume is not your case.

Harpreet Singh Monga

Jul 26, 2018
Amritsar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......

Sorry i know i am disturbing you again.. But you can helo me in clearing this last doubt

My COPR is not stamped by CBSA and he just made initials on it and entered the dates with pen. He didn't even entered the #number after his initials. Will that cause a problem in my PRTD. Yes i have stamp on my passport

Harpreet Singh Monga

Jul 26, 2018
Amritsar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
You only applied for your first PRTD yesterday. You’re going to make yourself old way before your time if you keep stressing about things that haven’t even happened yet. Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean......
One last question

My COPR is not stamped by CBSA and he just made initials on it and entered the dates with pen. He didn't even entered the #number after his initials. Will that cause a problem in my PRTD. I have stamp on my passport

dreamdesire

May 5, 2013
One last question

My COPR is not stamped by CBSA and he just made initials on it and entered the dates with pen. He didn't even entered the #number after his initials. Will that cause a problem in my PRTD. I have stamp on my passport

Hi Harpreet
Just want to know whether you got your PRTD?

Harpreet Singh Monga

Jul 26, 2018
Amritsar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Can someone guide me in this. I have applied for PRTD and got it with 6months validity upto march 1st, 2019. however due to some personal reason, can't really say emergency, i might not travel before 2019 july. Can i apply for 2nd PRTD. Does it reduces my chance of getting PRTD.i would still have 4 years to complete my residency obligation

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Actually i mentioned in the cover letter that i am planning to move to Canada by October this year.. So i am just apprehensive that they might not issue me PRTD For 2 months only till October
Can someone guide me in this. I have applied for PRTD and got it with 6months validity upto march 1st, 2019. however due to some personal reason, can't really say emergency, i might not travel before 2019 july. Can i apply for 2nd PRTD. Does it reduces my chance of getting PRTD.i would still have 4 years to complete my residency obligation
If you are a Permanent Resident of Canada AND you are in compliance with the PR Residency Obligation, and you are not otherwise inadmissible (no criminal or security problems), you are entitled to be issued proof of your PR status. PR card if you are in Canada and make a proper application for the PR card. A PR Travel Document is you are abroad and make a proper application for the PR card.

If you have been a PR for less than three years, you are for sure in compliance with the PR RO.

Thus, for example, if you landed and became a PR LESS than three years prior to when you apply for the PR TD (well, better to NOT cut-it-so-close . . . less than two years since landing is way better, or at least soon enough to travel to Canada less than three years since the date of landing), and again you properly make a PR TD application, there should be NO PROBLEM.

To avoid some misunderstanding, you can include a statement that you made a previous PR TD application believing you would make the trip sooner but plans have changed. This really should not be an issue. People's plans often change. (And this tends to be especially true for short-landing PRs . . . so much so that many find their return trip delayed and then delayed some more . . . more than a few running into what is a real issue: not getting back to Canada in time to be in compliance with the Residency Obligation.)

But the fact you have already applied for and been issued a PR TD, but now cannot make the trip while it is still valid, should NOT cause any problems. So long as you are still making the trip less than three years after you landed.

And, indeed, the fact you have already been issued a PR TD should help, should make it easier for the visa office.

Of course, verification of identity and status are necessary. But that is always true. An issue about identity or status would be a totally separate issue.

cuteJ

Feb 21, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I need some help related to the issuance of PRTD for the second time. I applied for a PRTD in October, 2018 and received it with 6 months validity. It will expire in April but I am not sure if I will be travelling now or not. I don't have a specific or valid reason for not travelling within the expiry date of my visa.

I just want to know what are my chances of getting another PRTD issued when I don't have a valid reason to state along with my application.

Please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I need some help related to the issuance of PRTD for the second time. I applied for a PRTD in October, 2018 and received it with 6 months validity. It will expire in April but I am not sure if I will be travelling now or not. I don't have a specific or valid reason for not travelling within the expiry date of my visa.

I just want to know what are my chances of getting another PRTD issued when I don't have a valid reason to state along with my application.

Please help.
Do you meet the residency obligation? Or did you receive your first PRTD under H&C? If you received your first PRTD under H&C - what were your H&C reasons?

cuteJ

Feb 21, 2018
Do you meet the residency obligation? Or did you receive your first PRTD under H&C? If you received your first PRTD under H&C - what were your H&C reasons?
Hi Scylla,
Thanks for replying.
Yes, I meet RO as I got my PR last year in June. My first PRTD is valid till mid of April but I am not sure whether I will be able to fly or not, just because of some personal reasons that I might not be able to explain to the CIC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,
Thanks for replying.
Yes, I meet RO as I got my PR last year in June. My first PRTD is valid till mid of April but I am not sure whether I will be able to fly or not, just because of some personal reasons that I might not be able to explain to the CIC.
In that case all you would need to do is apply for another PRTD once you are ready to come to Canada. There is nothing to explain.

Reactions: dpenabill