+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying PR under the NEW PATHWAY of LICP (Live in Caregiver Program)

Kristina1987

Mar 14, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I'm Kristina please let's share ideas and infos here.
Please enlighten me to those who know better about the new pathway.
Can I apply for New pathway?
I'm under LICP due to complete my 24 months on September or October this year 2016.
I am currently looking after a 10 years old boy with Juvenile Diabetes he is insulin dependent.

Sorry for my long list of questions I real will really appreciate it if you can help me with my queries.

1. What category should I be in? Child care or with high medical needs? Thank you.
2. When is the best time for me to start working on my papers? Like starting the WES?
3. I have Academic Ielts last May 2014 with Bandscore of 7.0 Is it still valid when I apply for Sept or Oct 2016?
4. Is there no limit to apply for the new pathway?

THANK YOU SO MUCH.. :)

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
I'm also under the LCP but will apply for PR under the caring for people with high medical needs. so I can share what I know so far.
you should have started preparing your papers a few months ago. the two major requirements for the caring for people with high medical needs are :
1. ielts - should not be older than 2yrs. which means your ielts technically expired last may 2016. so go take a new ielts test, anyway they only require the general training test with overall band score of 5.
2.educational credentials assessment - you should send your diploma and transcripts to an institution accredited by cic. mine I sent it to university of Toronto and their processing time is around 3 months. you can check other institutions, there are those with faster processing time.