+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Post Graduation Work Permit without a prospective employer

heunolda

Sep 22, 2014
Hi,

I recently graduated from the university and trying to apply for the post graduation work permit.
While I was filling out the form, I noticed under the "detailed of intended work in canada" section, I suppose to fill out the prospective employer.
Since I am currently looking for a job right now, I don't have a prospective employer.
Do I have to have an employer to apply for this permit? (like I can't apply for this permit unless I have the job?)
or should I just leave this section blank?

Thank you

ibnbatuta

Jun 24, 2014
In the employment details try filing out 'not employed' (in case of intended employment) . In the period fill out 2014 09 , to 2014 09 . In rest of the spaces wherever it is mandatory just write not employed. In place select the CANADA. Option.

I tried this in the form and the bar code was generated. Alternatively just check whether leaving it blank generates the bar code.

While applying for my study permit I liberally used the first proposition and in the letter of explanation I clearly wrote that the same was being filled as it is due to technical requirement of the form.

I hope other members can also post their experience as to what they filled in at the time of application for PGWP for everyone's benefit.