+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying parents visa along with my work visa application?

skumar1981

Jan 17, 2023
Hi All,

I was thinking to apply for parents visitor visa's as well along with my work visa application to avoid further documentation process. In that case, i need to file work permit application, open work permit to my wife, visitor and study visa to my two kids, and parents visitor visa. Can i file everything at once?. Is it delays the process?

Or you will recommend to file parents visitor visa once we settle down in Canada?. Please let me know your thoughts and experiences?.

Note: My package is around 110k CAD and parents planning to stay with me for 5-6 months only.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I was thinking to apply for parents visitor visa's as well along with my work visa application to avoid further documentation process. In that case, i need to file work permit application, open work permit to my wife, visitor and study visa to my two kids, and parents visitor visa. Can i file everything at once?. Is it delays the process?

Or you will recommend to file parents visitor visa once we settle down in Canada?. Please let me know your thoughts and experiences?.

Note: My package is around 110k CAD and parents planning to stay with me for 5-6 months only.
Recommendation is to wait for six months or so after you have arrived in Canada for your parents to apply. Otherwise it can make it look like your parents are looking to move with you to Canada or that you are expecting them to take care of your kids (which is technically classified as working illegally). Best approach is to wait for the highest chance of approval. If you really want to have them apply now, do not go with 5-6 months. This is a very long trip and indicates a lack of ties to their home country. Ask for 3 weeks.

Reactions: vkamath

skumar1981

Jan 17, 2023
Recommendation is to wait for six months or so after you have arrived in Canada for your parents to apply. Otherwise it can make it look like your parents are looking to move with you to Canada or that you are expecting them to take care of your kids (which is technically classified as working illegally). Best approach is to wait for the highest chance of approval. If you really want to have them apply now, do not go with 5-6 months. This is a very long trip and indicates a lack of ties to their home country. Ask for 3 weeks.
Thank you so much for your suggestion. My parents age is my concern and not sure they will be able to manage the application and visiting visa office, biometrics and all.

Is application will be delayed or rejected if i file my parents visitor visa along with mine?

and where to mentioned 3-4 weeks stay? in visa application?

Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your suggestion. My parents age is my concern and not sure they will be able to manage the application and visiting visa office, biometrics and all.

Is application will be delayed or rejected if i file my parents visitor visa along with mine?

and where to mentioned 3-4 weeks stay? in visa application?

Thanks in advance
You increase the chances of rejection by having them apply now.

Yes, the 3-4 week stay is mentioned in the visa application.