+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Online as Representative

max101

Star Member
Sep 9, 2005
If I want to apply for visitor Visa for my parents. Can I use my "MyCIC" account to file their application or do they need to create their own? We will be submitting the Use of Representative Form so that I am their representative. They are outside Canada and it will be difficult for them to setup their "MyCIC" account.

It seems like I am not allowed to create "MyCIC" account for them or use their IDs. it has Terms that says:

"You agree to keep your identification number(s) confidential and to not share it (them) with anyone. If you suspect that others have obtained your identification number(s), you are responsible for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) immediately."

Please advise.

max101

Star Member
Sep 9, 2005
Actually, I find the answer after I login to "MyCIC" account. the last line of the welcome message has a note that says the applicant needs to use their own account:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to MyCIC, [FirstName] [Last Name]
The last time you signed in was on XXX XX 2014 at XX:XX:XX PM EDT. If this is incorrect, please email us at question@cic.gc.ca to make sure your account hasn't been compromised.
Make sure you sign out and close your browser when you are done your session for today. This will help prevent unauthorized access to your account.

Note: You cannot use another person's account to submit an application, even a family member or close friend. You must use your own MyCIC account.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------