+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying on the new portal - nonexpress entry

MDHI

May 20, 2020
Hello all,
I got nominated from Ontario for a nonexpress entry stream (master's graduates).

My question is, if I will submit my application online on the new portal, can I submit it now without police certificate and submit it later? Police certificate will delay my application at least 2 more months.

quicksilver98

Apr 8, 2019
Hello all,
I got nominated from Ontario for a nonexpress entry stream (master's graduates).

My question is, if I will submit my application online on the new portal, can I submit it now without police certificate and submit it later? Police certificate will delay my application at least 2 more months.
I believe you can submit it later.

Out of curiosity, were you instructed by ON Govt to submit your application online? I did not know this was possible for Non-Express Entry candidates. I was under the assumption that we can only apply on paper.

MDHI

May 20, 2020
I believe you can submit it later.

Out of curiosity, were you instructed by ON Govt to submit your application online? I did not know this was possible for Non-Express Entry candidates. I was under the assumption that we can only apply on paper.
OINP actually tells you to submit by paper and that is the normal process. However IRCC launched new online portal for nonexpress entry this year. Yet IRCC webpages have old instructions for paper submissions as well as few new information on the new portal.