+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying on Canadian passport by post

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi Chrisstina.. Out of curiosity.. did you get your passport or tracking number for your application?
No even today I contacted Passport office customer care and was informed that due to high volume of passport application with limited staff I have to wait couple of weeks more as no file has been created so far. I have no other option then to wait.

Reactions: Mjaber

Mjaber

Apr 25, 2014
No even today I contacted Passport office customer care and was informed that due to high volume of passport application with limited staff I have to wait couple of weeks more as no file has been created so far. I have no other option then to wait.
Thank you. same here

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Did you apply in Brampton or MIssissauaga?

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Student Visa in 2011 for Postgraduate at Niagara Ontario
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
I used my family friend( Husband and wife both Canadian) as a guarantor & reference also used another family friend as second reference(Canadian). BUT you can use Canadian as your guarantor and permanent residency as references.

I submitted the following documents
- PPTC 153(06-2019) 7of 7 (for requirement checklist - applying for the first time so checked box 1,2,3,4 and 6 only and leave the one with Any valid Canadian travel document blank).
- Driver licence both front and back in one page and guarantor must signed by each side with date( two signatures with dates)
- 2 Passport photos taken within last 6months and one certified by guarantor with date
- Original Canadian Citizenship Certificate
- Credit Card information( For paying $160 passport fees on PPTC 153 Page 4 of 7) Only for those people applying by mail.
- I double check before sending by Canada post (Xpressport)

I became Canadian citizen in March 2020 but due corona virus all the Service Canada in Calgary was closed down( in person services). I read the news recently that Service Canada begins the gradual opening then I decided to send my Canadian passport application by mail (non urgent) with Canada post (Xpresspost) on August 9,2020 to passport program (Gatineau QC K1A0G3) and it was received on August 11 at 9:18am.

I contacted them on 21st Aug using the link : ( PROCESSING TIME)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/contact-passport-program.html

Got the following response on 24th of August 2020.
"Although we could have received your application, it has not been examined yet nor has a file been created in your name. Passport service have been suspended due to the COVID-19 situation. The processing of application will resume once the situation has been resolved
If you sent your passport application via courier or registered mail, we recommend that you communicate with the courier service provider in order to confirm that your passport application was delivered at the Passport Program.
For information concerning your passport application, please call 1-800-567-6868. Please do not reply to this email. We trust this information is of assistance to you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good news

I received a Xpressport envelope from passport office in Brampton containing returned Canadian citizenship Certificate , Passport Canada official receipt with my name on it and Mail-out date when I will receive my passport and also a small paper saying in reference to your passport application , you will find enclosed the following documents then list of checked boxes but they only checked Credit card receipt and Certificate of Canadian citizenship.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I contacted them again through the link on August 31, 2020 then received email on 2nd of September 2020

Your passport was sent to you by Xpresspost on August 28, 2020. The Canada Post item number is xxxxxxxxxxx You can track the delivery of your passport at www.canadapost.ca.

Warning: The status of an application can only be provided to the applicant.

VC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the Canadapost Xpressport tracking number given to me I was able to track it on Canadapost app on my phone
Item accepted Mississauga, ON Aug 28 at 1:11pm
Item processed Mississauga, ON Sept 01 at 7:55pm
Item arrived Calgary , AB Sept 3 at 1:39am
Item processed Calgary,AB at Sept 3 at 6:19am
Item out for delivery Calgary,AB Sept 3 at 7:46am
Delivered Calgary ,AB at 11:32 am

Canada post worker pressed my doorbell at 11:32am to delivery my Canadian passport.

Reactions: Aby444

tmondapr

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
I submitted my passport application via Canada post on Sep 24 and arrived at Passport Program Sep 25....so I am patiently waiting now

Last edited:

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Student Visa in 2011 for Postgraduate at Niagara Ontario
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
I submitted my passport application via Canada post on Sep 24 and arrived at Passport Program Sep 25....so I am patiently waiting now
you will get it in 23days to 30 days.

Reactions: tmondapr

vikasyadav6892

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hello everyone,

I was just applying for passport from mail.I have some questions.
1. I have extra sheet for my address history. Should I add that page just after 3rd page of form or last page?
2. Should I send only first 3 pages or 7 pages? I have credit card information at 4th page. Should i cut that section or not if sending 3 pages?

Thanks very much.

tmondapr

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
I got my passport in the mail today, Oct 16. However, I am still yet to get back my citizenship certificate? Is this normal to get passport before the citizenship certificate. Someone please advise. Thanks!

It's fine. It is being sent as a second package. I got the tracking # for it.

Last edited:

PranavKat

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171 - FSW-Outland
Doc's Request.
21-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
09-07-2016
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for passport for myself and family in total 4 .
Wanted to understand that do I need to fill in the payment slip for all 4 separately or a single slip is sufficient.

Thank You