Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
A quote from the CIC website:
"Make an appointment with one of the doctors identified on the enclosed list. A Medical Report, Section A (form IMM 1017 EFC) will be completed at the doctor’s office for yourself and each of your family members undergoing the medical exam. A photo of the person to be examined by the doctor will be affixed on both copies of that person’s form. This form is used to match your medical file to your immigrant file.

The doctor will sign the form and mail the first copy to the Canadian Regional Medical Office (RMO) with the results of the examination. You will be given the second copy as proof you underwent the medical examination. You must include this copy with your immigrant application when you send it to your sponsor. Photocopies will not be accepted. If you lose it, you will not be able to obtain a duplicate;you will have to redo the medical examination and pay any associated fees again."

The Canadian Regional Medical Office in South-East Asia is in Singapore, so maybe that is correct.

You got the second copy of the form for you and your children, right? Your name and their name should be in the first space, as the person who was examined. If the doctor then wrote your husband's name in all the forms as the principal applicant, I would attach a letter to the second copy of the forms you send in with your application, stating the problem. CIC should be able to match them up anyway, as long as your and he children's names are at the top of the form as the person being examined.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Thanks Canadianwoman, yup, they returned the forms to me all correct on details of persons to be examined (me and my 2 kids), just the principal applicant portions are with my husband's name and address. He made me write it in front of him before he signed it and give a copy to me. It would definitely not tally with all the other forms in my application as I have filled in my name and address as principle applicants (and they are all with hubby already).

I will attach a letter as advised, just wondering how can this doctor be a DMP when he would not even listen to genuine reasoning. I have no other option in the city where my kids live as he's the only DMP. He's nice and all and perhaps competent when appointed before, but he must have been in his 80s now and perhaps not as sharp. :'(

I'm just hoping that if a re-exam is required and I can't get my kids to do it again, it would not affect my application. Anyways, thanks again. Here's hoping all is well.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can complain to CIC about the DMP, and I think you should in this case. He should know the difference between the immigrant categories. From the sounds of it, all CIC will do is send him a letter clarifying this issue. This is a link to the CIC DMP web page, though there is more there about DMPs complaining about the applicants:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/dmp/tools.asp#report

And have your husband photocopy the medical forms and keep copies, just in case they get misplaced at CIC.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Finally got my fingerprints from local police...urghhhhhhhhhhh...never thought having prints was so difficult, i was seriously considering to do some minor offence just to get myself printed.

Ok, back to questions, I need the prints to send to Australian Police. They said it would take 30 days to process. My question is, I already did my Letter of Good Conduct from Malaysia dated 3rd June 2011. Now if I submit to Aust next week + Postal time, that would be mid July +30 days processing + return post to me would be around end of August 2011. My LOGC is only valid for 3 months right? Is that 3 months to the date they receive the application at Missuaga or at the Visa Office?

If it's to the Visa Office, can I submit my application without the Aussie Police Cert to ensure that the LOGC validity as the only thing pending is the Aussie check, and I was only there to study. Can I make copies of my application to Aust Police instead with a note that it will be submitted later once received?

Hubby says its better to wait till everything is ready but I don't think the timing is favorable. Hoping for some advise on what's the best course of action....

Cindyha

Jun 30, 2011
Hi every body, Please give me some suggestion. I live in canada by worker visa and married to Canadian guy,I from asian never been to USA, right now staying with my husband at Ontario where is not so far from Buffalo. In my cause can I appy Pr outside through Buffalo because my husband dont want me go back to my home country want me stay with him and if I apply inland it's take too long for get PR. I would like to get job and work

Thank you so much

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Cindyha said:
Hi every body, Please give me some suggestion. I live in canada by worker visa and married to Canadian guy,I from asian never been to USA, right now staying with my husband at Ontario where is not so far from Buffalo. In my cause can I appy Pr outside through Buffalo because my husband dont want me go back to my home country want me stay with him and if I apply inland it's take too long for get PR. I would like to get job and work
You can apply outland through Buffalo if you entered Canada on a Canadian visa good for a year. But if you need a visa to enter the USA, you may not be able to get one, in which case do not apply through Buffalo - if they call you for an interview, and you can't go, the application will be refused.
You can also apply outland through your own country, and just stay in Canada until they request your passport or an interview.