Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Hi

I'm a newbie and I've read most of the thread on the same, however am still very confused on the inland and outland application. I've literally memorized all the other stuff like how to fill in forms and what supporting documents to provide so that is at least covered. But how to submit? Please help clarify. Much appreciated.

Background:

Fiance is a PR of Canada for almost 10 years. We've been friends since school days, mutual friends, family knows each other, etc. He's now 37 and I'm 34. I went to visit him in Canada for xmas and year end hols. But we did not state we were dating then when i applied for my visitor's visa. It kind of got romantic over the hols. He came back in May this year and we are officially engage, yes finally, after so long...even all our mutual friends were shouting 'ITS ABOUT TIME'...He's coming back again in September for our October wedding and plans to stay till early next year. He wants me to come back to Canada and live with him there thus begins my problem.

Should we apply INLAND or OUTLAND. And with Inland, does that mean he only submits when he gets back to CANADA and chose whether the PR processed in Canada or KL (I'm from Malaysia)? And with OUTLAND does it mean he has to stay in Malaysia? He has to go back to work after such long absence for our wedding and honeymoon and spending time with me after. And also does it mean i cannot enter Canada as a visitor until everything is approved?

One more thing, he keeps saying it would be easier for him to come and in out of CANADA if he applies for citizenship first. Is that true? I am just worried if he applies for Citizenship and my PR is not approved then he's stuck as a Canada and him moving back to Malaysia for good would be difficult. (He is Malaysian Citizen) Another thing to note is, when i applied for visitor's visa, the officer did mention that if I want to apply for PR my credential (background, degree and work experience) is substantial enough to get approval so he thinks I should apply via working class as well.

Too many options, so hoping for the best solutions from your own experiences.

Cheers!

Appreciate some help.

I

iarblue

Please read the very first thread of this page it will clarify a lot for you if you still have questions after that were here to help

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I would advise you to apply outland as Malaysia processes applications very quickly. As a PR, he must reside in Canada during the application period, so it would be best for him to get his citizenship first (not sure how long that takes?) or return to Canada shortly after the wedding. You could try to apply for a visitor's visa while your appication is in process. Chances are slim that you'd get it, but it's worth a shot.

He could certainly get his citizenship, and would also keep his Malaysian citizenship. Canada does not require you to give it up, as the USA does.

Working class would be a much longer route. Most spousal applications in KL are processed in 4 or 5 months or less.

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
bobshynoswife said:
He could certainly get his citizenship, and would also keep his Malaysian citizenship. Canada does not require you to give it up, as the USA does.

uhhh, its perfectly legal to hold multiple citizenships as a US citizen.

but for the OP, to get his Canadian Citizenship would take 13-16 months, much longer than it takes for an outland Malaysian application. Its a good idea to go ahead and get his citizenship anyways, just know that it won't be necessary for your application, he just needs to stay in Canada while it is being processed.

kwabena kwabena

Star Member
May 26, 2010
If i were you, I would apply for another visitor visa, chances are you might get it as you have one and have used it already, Get the wedding doen, go t canada with him and have in hand you PR application ready ie filled out, Submit it when you are in canada, say In september/October, as Outland, OUTLAND ok, is faster and then later apply to extend your visitors visa or status if it is within one month of expiration.

In this case you will be with your sweetheart and the stress level will be down abit.

I am also sure, you are gathering your evidence and preparing your police report and medical and also using the checklist and the region specification.

Good luck

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Inland vs outland is not about where the sponsor is living - it's about the applicant. Also, because your husband is a Canadian permanent resident, he has to remain in Canada while the application is processing either way. If you can get into Canada and get married here, then you can apply inland - but if you get married in Malaysia, you'll likely be unable to get another visit visa to come to Canada and your husband would have to apply to sponsor you via the outland process - while you're still in Malaysia.

Kuala Lumpur actually processes quickly, finalizing in 2-10 months. The inland process would take at least 7-8 months just to get to first stage assessment, and then another 6-12 months before it's finalized.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Thank you very much for all the replies. Very much appreciated.

From your response, I've gathered as much. Correct me if I am wrong.

We are getting married in October in Malaysia. All dates, reception, honeymoon in Phuket etc all sorted out and confirmed. He's flying back to Malaysia next month (yipeeeeee) and staying till March next year. So trying to get a tourist visa to go back with him to apply INLAND after is slim since we are already married and don't think they'll approve it anyways.

So the only solution would be

1. Get married.
2. Complete the application. (already getting all the documentations ready except for medical and police report as it has validity periods no?)
3. He brings it back with him next year?? Sends it to Missouga and tick processed by KL Embassy/Visa Office or submit everything to KL Office??
4. And wait 2-10 months (in the meantime neither he nor i can go visit each other because he has to remain in Canada and I can't get a tourist Visa??)

If that is the case, wow....that would be a trying 2-10months (if all goes well) :'( First anniversary all alone. I guess we don't have much choice now do we. At least I can continue working and save as much as I can for when it is approved. If it is not approved, then at least the savings can support him for when he renounce his PR and comes back to Malaysia for good. FYI Malaysia doesn't allow dual citizenship although Canada does. Finally something US and Msia have in common. :D

Again, correct me if I am wrong. But that's about the only way i see you now.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Ryffa_Q said:
We are getting married in October in Malaysia. All dates, reception, honeymoon in Phuket etc all sorted out and confirmed. He's flying back to Malaysia next month (yipeeeeee) and staying till March next year. So trying to get a tourist visa to go back with him to apply INLAND after is slim since we are already married and don't think they'll approve it anyways.

So the only solution would be

1. Get married.
2. Complete the application. (already getting all the documentations ready except for medical and police report as it has validity periods no?)
Yes, spend your time together gathering evidence that your relationship is genuine and filling in the forms. Since you're living together, it should be easy to get prove your marriage is real - both names on the lease, joint bank account and credit cards, joint investments, each other named as beneficiary on life insurance and wills, affidavits/letters/emails from family and friends stating they believe the two of you are in love, proof of activities together, and lots of photos.
3. He brings it back with him next year?? Sends it to Missouga and tick processed by KL Embassy/Visa Office or submit everything to KL Office??
He sends everything to the Mississauga office, indicating you want it processed in the KL visa office.
4. And wait 2-10 months (in the meantime neither he nor i can go visit each other because he has to remain in Canada and I can't get a tourist Visa??)
Malaysia processes spousal applications quite quickly. He has to stay in Canada while the PR visa is being processed because he is a PR himself, but short trips to visit will probably be OK. Keep all evidence of your contact even after you send in the application - they will want to see it at the interview.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Thanks for the confirmation C. May God Bless You.

Definitely getting all evidence in questions now. One more Q&A, do I have to get police cert from Australia as well since I went to Uni there for 4 years (winter and summer breaks and internships i went back to Malaysia so it wasn't full on 4 years, more like a 6-9 months period in between the 4 years)? I've read you've to get clearance from every country you have reside in after you are 18. Thank God I was in UK when I was 9 and 10 :D That would be a real bummer getting all the clearance.

Definitely getting him as benificiary and supplementary on everything I have in Malaysia..hmmm maybe I should have a pre-nup hahahaha ;D. Sorry, just trying to find humour in this tedious process. Will keep reading all the other threads and update with any news.

Hopefully i get another tourist visa in the meantime. LDR sux when u're dating but I'm betting it gets worse once married.

Cheers and TQ so much everyone.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Ryffa-Q,
I think you have to get a police clearance for every country you have lived in for 6 months plus after you reached the age of 18. .
This is my experience, We decided to apply inland other than outland because we cant stand to be apart. it was hell for me and hubby to get togther and we were separated for three years when we first met. it was hell and we vowed never to be separated again no mnatter what.So for us inland was the way to go. , You can apply outland and still be together only if he is a canadian citizen and he has to show proof that he intends to move back to Canada when PR is granted.

My advise about inland is if thats what you wanna do, i strongly advise you to have enough money saved up to live on without needing an income for at least 1 to 2 years. Something to consider, because the process can get very frustrating and you need alot ofpaience. , Also keep yourself busy by maybe volunteering or doing activities would help tremendously in the wait.
Also if you are getting a visa you should consider getting a multiple etry visa, beforehand.

This is just my 00.02 cents. Hope it helps! and good luck

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
If your husband is a PR he cannot be outside of Canada while the sponsorship is in process except for short visits. if he is going to be there next month until march, well that isn't really a short visit and if the IO finds out he's out of Canada you guys could have a real problem.

By all means, do NOT mail your application from Malaysia. There was an Indian woman on here recently that made that mistake and is having all sorts of problems now. You should wait until he gets back to file.

KL is a pretty fast processing centre so you won't have to spend much time apart and luckily you can live together in Malaysia for a bit to help prove your relationship. you should get your medicals about a month before you file (and make the appointment ahead of time because sometimes they are all booked up) and find out how long it takes for each country you've lived in to get your police report and then ask for that accordingly. The medical is good for one year and the police reports have to be in Canada's hands within 90 days of their issuance.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You'll need the police certificate from Australia, unless you never stayed for 6 months at a time. (Even then, they might ask for it later.)
When he goes back to Canada in March of next year, he can send the application in then. You've got lots of time to get all the evidence you will need.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Just to update,
hubby came to malaysia (then fiancee) end of august 2010
got married 20.10.2010 (it was an auspicious date, i swear :D)
honeymoon, holidays, festive celebrations - tonnes of pics
lived together from august 2010 to april 2011 in various places in malaysia (i was posted at different states for work and also spend time with our families during hols as they are all over the country) -
He took the forms and evidence with him, i think it contributed to half his luggage allowance
(he left to go back to canada - his boss's turn to go on long leave)
we planned that i do my medical and police clearance (Aust) and letter of good conduct (Msia) in May in order to make it valid longer and send it to him
Got my LOGC and Medical done, am having trouble getting fingerprints from local pd for the Aussie Police Cert, they don't seem to know what I am talking about. All the police station i went to want to do fingerprint checks on me instead. Anyways, i'll sort that out.

My question is more on my medical examination

The doctor refuse to physically examine me unless I agree to put my sponsor's name as the Principal Applicant in the form that he gave me as prove I underwent med exam. I had no choice but to agree or I will not be examined and get the cert. Will that affect my application since I already argued with him that the guide says I am the Principal Applicant and my sponsor has his own Part 1? He argued that I must showed my relation to sponsor that's why his name must be on the form and he's done this a gazillion time. Even when I called hubby and get him to explained the doctor was set about it. I've read the guide for over a year and am pretty certain I am a Principal Applicant. Please correct me if I am wrong?

Can I just attach an explanation letter on the doctor's refusal in my application? I have no qualms of undergoing another exam myself at another doctor however it would not be easy to get my kids who are not as accessible to me (bad divorce with ex spouse although court grant joint custody, they live with their paternal grandparents in another city) to do it again. And also how would affect my applications if I have two medical exams.

please please someone help tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
owh and also another thing, he says he's sending the report to Singapore, as all medical report goes there first then to KL, although I said my application will be processes in Kuala Lumpur. Is that true?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The doctor is confusing two types of immigration applications. If one person (let's say the husband) is applying to immigrate to Canada as a federa skilled worker or in one of the economic classes, and lists his wife and children as accompanying dependents, then yes, the husband is the principal applicant. This must be the type of immigration applicant the doctor is used to dealing with.
For spousal applicants, the husband (or wife) is already in Canada, is a Canadian citizen or PR, and does not need a medical. So the sponsored spouse is the principal applicant - i.e., you.

Could you maybe try to convince the doctor to put your husband's name someone where on the medical form, but list you as the principal applicant? My husband's doctor just wrote my name and address on a blank space at the side of my husband's form.

If the medical form has already been sent, definitely include a note explaining the problem with your application. You could also try contacting the Canadian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur and asking them what to do.