+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying in the time of COVID 19 :/

DiverGirl92

Feb 28, 2020
Hi guys,
Hope every one is safe and sound.
Ive a tricky question -
I applied for my TRV late on March 15th India Time.
Now as of 16th March , Monday - Trudeau has announced they will be shutting borders till further notice due to the COVID 19 threat.

This has really worried me about my application -will it be refused on grounds that borders are closed or something? How will they likely to be respond in a time like this?
I had shown departure in the event that my visa application goes through - from April 1-April 14 with a special note that I will reschedule my trip to a suitable time should the circumstances around corononavirus demand so.

---
What bothers me about this is that this is my second time applying to the TRV. I had my first ever visa rejection in February for the TRV despite travel history, good finances, etc. There were a few silly gaps that I filled with better documentation this time - but now I'm afraid the whole timing of my reapplication is OFF.

Does anyone have anything on this?

DiverGirl92

Feb 28, 2020
Visa processing will not be affected, only thing that might get effected is if you are planning to travel. Immediate family members of canadian citizens are excluded from the announcement made by the PM.
I quoted my dates of travel from April 1 - April 14 in the application with provisional tickets. with added notes **** that I will reschedule it all if the virus situation escalates and boom the borders close next day.
Obviously now I will reschedule everything. But what happens to my visa application??

afreshai

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi @DiverGirl92,

Even my TRV has been rejected because of financial, ties etc. Can you please let me know what extra you did to re apply..??? Have you given LOE..??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
can i to embassy and get visitor visa my husband and and two children are canadian citizen and they are in canada
No - you cannot. You have to submit an application following the standard processes. The embassy will not issue a visa to you directly. This is not something they do.

Just because your husband and two children are citizens does not guarantee you a TRV. You must still meet all of the requirements to be approved (i.e. demonstrate strong ties to your home country, prove you have no plans to remain in Canada long term, etc.).

afreshai

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi @scylla,

I have received refusal on the below grounds. Please advice.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation. ---Attached NOC, ITR, Playsips

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. --

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.-- Attached CA report

Snowflakes0528

Feb 19, 2020
No - you cannot. You have to submit an application following the standard processes. The embassy will not issue a visa to you directly. This is not something they do.

Just because your husband and two children are citizens does not guarantee you a TRV. You must still meet all of the requirements to be approved (i.e. demonstrate strong ties to your home country, prove you have no plans to remain in Canada long term, etc.).
thankyou for the very compassionate advice in all my post

Agustavo

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hi @scylla,

I have received refusal on the below grounds. Please advice.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation. ---Attached NOC, ITR, Playsips

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. --

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.-- Attached CA report
Looking on the loop for the answer

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I quoted my dates of travel from April 1 - April 14 in the application with provisional tickets. with added notes **** that I will reschedule it all if the virus situation escalates and boom the borders close next day.
Obviously now I will reschedule everything. But what happens to my visa application??
Your visa application will be processed as "normally" as possible. The travel ban is a separate matter that isn't considered for visa approval/denial.

You'd be able to get a visa but the plane won't allow you to buy a ticket to Canada or board until the ban is lifted.

DiverGirl92

Feb 28, 2020
Hi @DiverGirl92,

Even my TRV has been rejected because of financial, ties etc. Can you please let me know what extra you did to re apply..??? Have you given LOE..??
Hey,
I provided -
> Letter of Explanation (which i didnt provide before -_-)
> rental agreement,
> a fresh employment letter with a shortened trip that stated clearly from when to when i'll be in canada and WHEN i will resume work,
> House ownership papers/ Water tax/house tax / property tax

I'll update what happens next, here :)

Since the borders were closed literally the night I applied, I have no idea what will become of my application.