+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying in PNP Program even relatives in Toronto

Starcraft

Feb 9, 2012
Can I apply for PNP program like Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, etc. even if my parents and brothers are all in Canada and living in Toronto in particular? Does this will be a hindrance in my application to a certain province? I'm not eligible for FSW program.

Thanks!

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Starcraft said:
Can I apply for PNP program like Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, etc. even if my parents and brothers are all in Canada and living in Toronto in particular? Does this will be a hindrance in my application to a certain province? I'm eligible for FSW program.

Thanks!
You are pointing for two programs i.e PNP and FSW at the same time .
1)If you are sure you are eligible for PNP then there would be no hindrance.
2)As you wrote you are eligible for FSW ,you can proceed ,its your choice.
Good Luck

Starcraft

Feb 9, 2012
Sorry for the incorrect information I posted, I'm actually NOT eligible for FSW Program. Does having a relative in Toronto will disqualify me for PNP program?

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Starcraft said:
Sorry for the incorrect information I posted, I'm actually NOT eligible for FSW Program. Does having a relative in Toronto will disqualify me for PNP program?
NO

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
Starcraft said:
Can I apply for PNP program like Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, etc. even if my parents and brothers are all in Canada and living in Toronto in particular? Does this will be a hindrance in my application to a certain province? I'm not eligible for FSW program.

Thanks!
Hi. PNP requires you to live, work and settle in the province that nominated you for permanent residency in Canada. Having relatives in Toronto does not automatically disqualify you to be approved by a PNP but this may put you in a disadvantage in some way. PNP's will assess you depending on several criteria. One of these is your potential to stay and settle in the province that you are applying to. For example, if you are applying in Manitoba, they might question you on how sure that you will really stay in Manitoba if all your family members are living in Ontario?

I am not discouraging you but in your case, PNP may not be the best option. It would be better to study first all your options before you begin the application process so that you will not waste time, effort and money. Why did you say that you are not eligible for FSW? Have you tried reading about Family Class? There are so many options regarding Canada immigration. Try so see which is best for you. You can visit canadavisa.com and check out the other options.

Hope this helps in any way. Good luck!

Starcraft

Feb 9, 2012
carl zeiss said:
Hi. PNP requires you to live, work and settle in the province that nominated you for permanent residency in Canada. Having relatives in Toronto does not automatically disqualify you to be approved by a PNP but this may put you in a disadvantage in some way. PNP's will assess you depending on several criteria. One of these is your potential to stay and settle in the province that you are applying to. For example, if you are applying in Manitoba, they might question you on how sure that you will really stay in Manitoba if all your family members are living in Ontario?

I am not discouraging you but in your case, PNP may not be the best option. It would be better to study first all your options before you begin the application process so that you will not waste time, effort and money. Why did you say that you are not eligible for FSW? Have you tried reading about Family Class? There are so many options regarding Canada immigration. Try so see which is best for you. You can visit canadavisa.com and check out the other options.

Hope this helps in any way. Good luck!
Thanks carl!

I also have that thought of the disadvantage of having relatives who are not from the province I'm applying to under PNP. My NOC is not in the present list of qualified occupation so I'm not eligible under FSW. I'm also over 18 years old and already married with a child, so Family Class will not work for me. The option I'm aiming at right now is the AEO approached. I also want to try the PNP just in case. I don't know about if there's an Ontario PNP if ever it will be an option.

Regards and thanks again. :)

makemyday

Jul 14, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-09-1996
Question: which of the provinces have moderately easy to apply to as a PNP candidate? Does anyone have info on the requirements of each provinces for PNP?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
best source will be: (for PNP requirements for different provinces)

CIC (cic.gc.ca) and navigate from the home page to Immigrate (left side menu) then click on the link to "Provincial Nominees" then "How to apply". In the body of the description is a link to the main page of the NP's of each province

makemyday

Jul 14, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-09-1996
ragluf said:
best source will be: (for PNP requirements for different provinces)

CIC (cic.gc.ca) and navigate from the home page to Immigrate (left side menu) then click on the link to "Provincial Nominees" then "How to apply". In the body of the description is a link to the main page of the NP's of each province
thank you, ragluf. i was trying to help some relatives learn more about the program. that site is where a great deal of info is available. much appreciated.