+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying in Manitoba

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
Look olgasc, what you are doing is looking for a different answer simply because you do not like the answer. Regardless of how you ask the question or look for loopholes that will change the answer, the answer remains the same.

Under PNP, you sign an undertaking to go to that province and look for work. What you are quoting now, simply says that having FULFILLED that obligation, you are not bound to remain in the province forever.

If your 'friend' cannot show that he went to Manitoba, made a reasonable attempt to find work (ie. signed up in the local Job Centre, can show he went for interviews, etc.), then he his violated the agreement.

It is simple. You just don't like it. Move on.

olgasc

Aug 13, 2004
No, I'm not just looking for another answer that I do like. I'm trying to find the truth here.
I don't know where your knowledge in the topic is coming from, but I asked before and I'm asking again, give me a link to the undertaking that these people have to sign. I want to read it.

Again, my friends who had already done that, did not sign ANY undertaiking requiring them to arrive in Manitoba. The lawyer of my friend told him that there was no problem in arriving to a different place. So, I'm trying to find out whether they are right.

I don't want my friends to make a mistake that will cause them citizenship.

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
Sigh, OK olgasc, one more time.

There is a normal skilled worker application and there is PNP. They are not one and the same. So using simple logic, what do you think the differences are? What would be the point of having PNP if there was no difference from a normal skilled worker application?

There is no problem in ARRIVING in a different place. It is what you do after you arrive that matters.

I am not about to dig through all the material to find exactly where it says what. You can do that yourself. Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/provnom/
and start reading.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

olgasc said:
What do you think of that???

Once you enter Canada as a Permanent Resident, you will be able to live anywhere you wish inside of Canada's borders regardless of the initial settlement response you submitted through your application for Permanent Residency. As a Canadian Permanent Resident, you are guaranteed a basic right of "mobility" under Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms States clearly in Section 6.2 that:

Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a Permanent Resident of Canada has the right

a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.
They may have the "right" of mobility, but once you sign a contract, (PNP) restricting that mobility, CIC is within their right of taking action. Also the Quebec Immigration trumps those rights.

olgasc

Aug 13, 2004
I went over all the forms... http://www.gov.mb.ca/labour/immigrate/immigration/2_14.html

HOWEVER, I could not find any undertaking form or similar... Please, help me out here, I want to see and read it.

From what I see, you are all talking about your personal opinion. I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong, I want to see some facts, please.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

olgasc said:
I went over all the forms... http://www.gov.mb.ca/labour/immigrate/immigration/2_14.html

HOWEVER, I could not find any undertaking form or similar... Please, help me out here, I want to see and read it.

From what I see, you are all talking about your personal opinion. I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong, I want to see some facts, please.
Immigration Manual
http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/op/op07be.pdf

page 7 under refusal of application.

PMM

olgasc

Aug 13, 2004
That does not answer my question: "the officer has reason to believe that the applicant does not intend to live in the province that has nominated them".

So what??? How would the officer know??? That is happening BEFORE getting a PR status. Once a person has a PR status, s/he is free to be wherever s/he wants.

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
Oh come on olgasc. How many ways do you need it spelled out to you.

What would be the point of a PNP if it made no difference once you arrived? That makes absolutely no sense.

As said earlier, you don't like the answer and so you keep looking for an out. It isn't there. Under PNP you must go to the province who nominated you and look for work. If you don't, you have broken the agreement under which you were given PR status. End of story.

I intend to write no more on this one. If you don't believe what you have been told here, talk to an Immigration consultant and ask the question. Maybe if you have to pay someone for the answer you will believe it.

olgasc

Aug 13, 2004
Don't write anymore, that's fine. And as I told you before, the personal opinion is not always the right one. I wanted facts and I did not get any. And my "friend" asked a lawyer and was told that he could arrive anywhere. So, you claims do not have a solid ground...

tryingtohelp

Jan 26, 2007
olgasc said:
Don't write anymore, that's fine. And as I told you before, the personal opinion is not always the right one. I wanted facts and I did not get any. And my "friend" asked a lawyer and was told that he could arrive anywhere. So, you claims do not have a solid ground...
Just incase someone believes it's cool to lie when applying for MPNP
http://www.gov.mb.ca/labour/immigrate/immigration/2_10.html

c) Misrepresentation and the Withdrawal of Your Certificate

When you apply as a Manitoba Provincial Nominee you are making a legal declaration of your intent to live and work in Manitoba. Applicants who provide false declarations, documentation, or misleading information as part of their applications may be subject to enforcement action by Citizenship and Immigration Canada before AND after a permanent resident visa is issued. MPNP reserves the right to withdraw any Certificate of Nomination at any time on the basis of information indicating that an applicant has provided false or misleading information or no longer meets the criteria under which he or she was nominated.

Notice the before AND After a PR is issued. Part of the process will be getting a sin number and if it's not being issued in Manitoba what do you think they will consider has happened.

bostonkelly

Jul 1, 2005
Try Winnipeg as a place to live. Its a good size city and property and quality of life I think is great. Have been several time to visit friends who originally planned to settle in Vancouver and found Winnipeg so great they chose to stay. Just a suggestion...

Jim