+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying in Canada job bank and get job offer

PrettyCanada

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am eligible for CEC category and very soon going to create an Express Entry profile.
But it is mandatory to register with Canada Job Bank as well.
Please through light on

1. how to apply in Canada Job Bank?
2. Is there any other site where I should submit my professional CV along with Canada Job Bank?
3. I am in India. How can I get an interview call and job offer from Canadian employer?

Answer to these questions will be a great help.

Thanks.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
1. After you created EE profile, the system will send you a message in the system with a pdf that contains all the instructions you need.

2. If you are actively looking for jobs in Canada, you should open yourself to any channels and posting websites. Monster.ca Workopolis.com Indeed.ca Linkedin.com etc.

3. This is between your prospective employer. If they want to do interview with you, they can arrange phone or Skype interview. I'd imagine most managers here wants to see people face to face.

PrettyCanada

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot mf4361.

Should I mention in my CV
1. Things like "Looking for LMIA approved job offer"?
2. I am not sure how is the market and how easy or difficult to get LMIA approved job offer from Canadian employer?

bvivekanand

Mar 18, 2015
To the best of my knowledge, there is no need to upload any CV in Canada Job Bank. We need to fill in our personal information as prompted and select among various options like skills, education, work exp, job description etc. Once your job bank registration is accepted, your EE profile will be "Open" (i.e. active)

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
PrettyCanada said:
Thanks a lot mf4361.

Should I mention in my CV
1. Things like "Looking for LMIA approved job offer"?
2. I am not sure how is the market and how easy or difficult to get LMIA approved job offer from Canadian employer?
You should at least let them know you are not residing in Canada and need support for immigration. Many companies refuse to do that (but i guess it also depends how much they want you)

Job market depends on your field of work, but if you are in any oil-related industries then you are probably out of luck. (Canada's economy relies heavily on oil and related products)

Getting LMIA is hard and is getting harder. I've heard consultant who successfully helped dozens of previous LMO without rejection, got rejected half the time under current LMIA. Should a employer decides to hire you, it's their work to meet the req'm and get through the paperworks of LMIA for you.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which industry are you going for? What kind of work experience and educations you have?

Back before 2013, LMIA was much easier and companies don't hesitate to hire foreign workers. Now, they make LMIA extremely hard so that companies will focus more on hiring local talents. It is so difficult that it almost become an instant NO factor, if they know you would need an LMIA.

So the best option for candidate to increase their chance and be more competitive than local talents:
  • Flawless resumes & cover letters: recommended to use the North American professional format. Triple check for content, spelling, and grammar. My rule of thumb is if the candidate don't spend more than 1 hour to tailor/review your resumes & cover letters to the job specifics, that means we don't want to spend 1 hour in his/her interview.
  • Target jobs where you will shine: shooting generic resumes everywhere may not yield the maximum result. Find and apply on job postings where you are at least qualified for. The least competitions the more chance you have.
  • Bias neutral: avoid showing age, race, gender, and religion when possible. Some hiring managers may have unconscius bias, and they may think that they dont have them. But it works better for the candidate if the grounds for the bias are not provided in the job application.

At the end of the day, you need to show that you are worth the hassle of many hours & dollars the company will spend in your LMIA. It is a tough one, so better do your best. Good luck...

imranbandeali

Mar 16, 2015
retwant said:
Which industry are you going for? What kind of work experience and educations you have?

Back before 2013, LMIA was much easier and companies don't hesitate to hire foreign workers. Now, they make LMIA extremely hard so that companies will focus more on hiring local talents. It is so difficult that it almost become an instant NO factor, if they know you would need an LMIA.

So the best option for candidate to increase their chance and be more competitive than local talents:
  • Flawless resumes & cover letters: recommended to use the North American professional format. Triple check for content, spelling, and grammar. My rule of thumb is if the candidate don't spend more than 1 hour to tailor/review your resumes & cover letters to the job specifics, that means we don't want to spend 1 hour in his/her interview.
  • Target jobs where you will shine: shooting generic resumes everywhere may not yield the maximum result. Find and apply on job postings where you are at least qualified for. The least competitions the more chance you have.
  • Bias neutral: avoid showing age, race, gender, and religion when possible. Some hiring managers may have unconscius bias, and they may think that they dont have them. But it works better for the candidate if the grounds for the bias are not provided in the job application.

At the end of the day, you need to show that you are worth the hassle of many hours & dollars the company will spend in your LMIA. It is a tough one, so better do your best. Good luck...
Very Well Said Bro ... Nicely presented .... Eye Opener .... Hope is the only solution

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
retwant said:
That is indeed the unwritten rules of writing CV to Canadian companies. Can't count how many times I messed it up while I was hunting for job

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, job competitions are hard already even as a PR. Hopefully, if more candidates are implementing these strategies, they can shine better. Crappy resumes are just another piece of paper in the bin, but great ones might land you the next step. All the best and good luck to everyone here~