+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from UAE..Question ?

Arabian

May 21, 2012
Hello everyone,
I am a Yemeni national residing in UAE, I graduated from high school in 2010 with a percentage of 95% and started studying in UAEU , engineering college, but it was too hard for me and I couldnt complete the course due to failing most subjects, I have applied to a college in Canada and got accepted to study Business management course.
My question is that when I apply to visa should I mention that I have studied before or should I act as if Im a new student ? Will they ask me about what I have been doing in the past 2 years ? I am afraid of "course mismatch" excuse from VO. So what do u think i shud do ? I did not complete the engineering course and just dropped out of the university.
Im sure of my country ties, financial statement and everything else but im afraid of this course mismatch thing.
I have US relatives do you think that would help my case if I mention it ?
Also does anyone know a good office in the UAE that can help me with my application ?

And what is the refusal rate in UAE ?

Arabian

May 21, 2012
1 more question my assets that we own and that i will demonstrate in my case are all in arabic - ownership papers in arabic - should i translate them or what ?

jibz

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Hi Arabian,

I'm also planing to apply to Abu Dhabi Visa Office. Guess what, no one responds to my queries (related to Abu Dhabi Visa office) either :)

let me give you some replies based on my limited knowledge.

- all the documents should be in english. if you have non english documents then get them translated from some authorized translation companies. You can find them in UAE

- It might not be necessary to mention that you had previously tried engineering & failed ( not 100% sure) but you need to show what you have been doing in the last two years ? any job ? any studies ? or any other valid excuse.

- You need NOT to mentioned the location of your relatives unless they are your siblings. I mean you need to mention the location of all your brothers n sisters (either half or full) and also your dad n mom. However, if you mentioned about your other relatives those are already citizens of other countries like U.S then your case might get week. Because the Visa officer take it as if your intentions are also to permanently reside in Canada.

- for a visa consultancy office in UAE you can refer to the posts of "majidahmed" he asked for it recently. But i personally think you should go for it yourself because visa consultancies are there just to make money. This forum really educates us substantially for the visa process. People may/may not respond to you queries directly but you will find the related answers if you explore through the threads.

Lastly, the above info is to the best of my knowledge and some of it might be wrong. for exact info you can visit http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/study-etude.aspx?view=d

Regards

Arabian

May 21, 2012
Thank you for your reply,
bte they write this question in the form:
Have you had any post secondary education (including university, college or apprenticeship training) ?

Do they mean if i have a degree other than high school like Bachelor or masters ? or do they mean if I have ever enrolled in a university even if I did not finish ?

jibz

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Well, if you are not hiding your two years of education (related to engineering), although not completed, then you can mention it. By the way, even if you mention about your situation of dropout from engineering and now you secured admission in business degree - i don't see it as a course mismatch, since you never completed the degree.

I think experienced people on this forum like PMM, tiger, enfield .. can help you more. You need to reach 10 posts to write them a personal message. ;)

AKIF MOIN

Dec 12, 2011
CHC find miss match in the course after the completion of 14 year education. In ur case u r just completed high school and lost two years. U have to hide these years by using any fake educational documents such as diploma, especially business management because u r getting Canada for this and this may help u to satisfy VO that in two year u studied diploma and now for higher education u r leaving for Canada.