+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from UAE online for fall 2021 after TWO rejections

Avidlearner231

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Dubai
Hi guys,

So last two times I applied with an advanced diploma in biotechnology, did GCMS notes and this is what they told me:

As you will see in the notes (note 1 page 43) IRCC is concerned that you may not be a genuine student. They are concerned that the proposed course does not seem to be a reasonable expense for you given your personal circumstances, and that you have not provided a detailed plan to explain how you expect the course to benefit your future career to an extent that offsets the cost of studies.

It is important to understand that, if IRCC have any doubt that an applicant is a genuine student, they are not allowed to issue a study permit. If an applicant is applying for a course that seems either too easy or too difficult for them (based on earlier education marks / language scores), or does not make sense in the context of their career plans, or is unlikely to justify its cost in terms of benefit on future career prospects, IRCC then become suspicious that an applicant may be seeking a study permit primarily as a means to enter Canada.

Some information about me:

I am 23 years old now, graduated last year from the UAE itself. Been brought up here basically (living here for the past 22 years of my life lol I dont know any other place to call home) My parents also own property here.

I did an internship in a law firm this year so I am not just sitting idle (but corona makes it harder to find anything tbh) My gpa was 3.94/4.00. Ielts 8.0. Bsc in Biotechnology, applying for Masters in Medical Biotechnology.

I am super nervous applying for the 3rd time.

Can I get opinions on how yall think my chances are? I am actually nervous but super hopeful. Since I am applying for a study permit for a MASTERS degree in my own field.

Any advice? I am going to attach my transcripts, ielts and my internship certificate but idk lol