+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from switzerland

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there

Can anybody tell me how long will it take the complete visa procedure if you apply from Switzerland for a students visa?
Will it take months like some Asian countries?

Thanks

lonesoul

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-5-2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Request
06-7-2011
Med's Done....
11-7-2011
Passport Req..
18-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-7-2011 got on 4-8-2011
I suppose it would take a month.Why don't you check with CHC in Switzerland?
Just give them a call or look into their website.
Apart from that when you are already in Switzerland why you wanna study in Canada?

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
lekamle said:
Hi there

Can anybody tell me how long will it take the complete visa procedure if you apply from Switzerland for a students visa?
Will it take months like some Asian countries?

Thanks
There are not many students,who apply from Canada .So, you will get your Visa much faster than Asian countries. you are making a good move to go to Canada for study. It' an English speaking country and many Asian lives there. Don't worry. :)

Greg Long

Jun 8, 2011
Toronto, Canada.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Lekamle,

Since you are from Switzerland, you will apply for a study permit VISA at the Canadian Visa Office in Paris or Berlin.

Normal processing time for Berlin is 2 weeks, but you would have to factor time for postal delivery. For Paris, normal processing time is 3 weeks.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I can email you the links for more info if you like: glong @ centennialcollege.ca

8) Greg Long 8)

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lonesoul said:
I suppose it would take a month.Why don't you check with CHC in Switzerland?
Just give them a call or look into their website.
Apart from that when you are already in Switzerland why you wanna study in Canada?
Hi thanks for the input,

I would say as, I tried it from here to call the CHC and all the related places without any success, they have answering machines.
Why I apply to go there to study,
I am already a student in a university studying CS, but the problem is "Language", here they teach in German or French.
My German is good but I don't feel confidence to make a degree in this language as its a very heavy Language.

Thanks any way.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
lekamle said:
Hi thanks for the input,

I would say as, I tried it from here to call the CHC and all the related places without any success, they have answering machines.
Why I apply to go there to study,
I am already a student in a university studying CS, but the problem is "Language", here they teach in German or French.
My German is good but I don't feel confidence to make a degree in this language as its a very heavy Language.

Thanks any way.

I was a student in Switzerland . I know French and German. I understand your problem very well. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ashokcan

Did you mean that you were also a student here in Switzerland and you study in Canada now ?

Thanks

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
lekamle said:
Hi ashokcan

Did you mean that you were also a student here in Switzerland and you study in Canada now ?

Thanks
Well,I was a student in Switzerland and lived there for many years. Had many friends, who studied in Canada, US and other Countries.Traveled around the world. Ask me what you want to know.

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ashokcan

Its nice to know that you were here. You know how the swiss situation is.
I have decided to study in Canada.
Can I contact you via mail.

Thanks.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
lekamle said:
Hi ashokcan

Its nice to know that you were here. You know how the swiss situation is.
I have decided to study in Canada.
Can I contact you via mail.

Thanks.
I know this country and people very well. You can contact me via mail.

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My School Seneca confirmed that they got my application and the payment.
I should wait around two weeks until they contact me they were telling.

Regards

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I will be doing
Computer Networking and Technical Support ( http://www.senecac.on.ca/fulltime/CNS.html ) at York.
Thats all I know so far.

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does any one know when would you get the work permit in Ontario, is it same every where or does it differ from state to state.
God bless all.

M

mehtab.92

Well,I don't know if its differ from any province.

WHILE COURSE
But In Ontario an International student is eligible for off campus work permit only after completing 6 months study of total course. However, He/She can do on campus(with in college/university) job without any work permit.

After Study
After comleting study there are different time spans of work permit.
If study is not less than 8 months, a person is eligible to 1 year full time work pemit within field of study.
If study is of 2 years or more, a person is eligible to get 3 years work permit within field of study.

For more information please visithttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp