+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from LEBANON HELP!

Beezer8810

Dec 27, 2013
hi guys

Friend of mine applied for Canadian tourist visa on October 17 (paper), when she gave her documents they checked it and told her they will call or send her SMS.
we haven't heard anything, we even sent them e-mail does this mean she's refused? on they're website the processing days for a visa is 29 days.

someone pls tell me why is it taking so long.

thanks and happy holidays

shabuntus

Dec 17, 2013
It does not mean she has been refused, maybe, they are doing background checks and her nationality also counts a lot. Do not worry, until the final decision is out, never give hope. I believe she will get it

Beezer8810

Dec 27, 2013
shabuntus said:
It does not mean she has been refused, maybe, they are doing background checks and her nationality also counts a lot. Do not worry, until the final decision is out, never give hope. I believe she will get it
Thanks a lot, i wont give up hope.
She's been married for 17 years and her husband is staying in lebanon but they have no kids,hope it will help her case to get a visa.

Beezer8810

Dec 27, 2013
Guys, i even reserved her plane thicket for the month of december, i also bought her insurance with blue cross and obviously her thicket is no more valid.
Should i get her another thicket confirmation for next year and ask her to bring it to the embassy? Or the embassy doesn't care about the travel dates ? She applied (paper) on october 17 and still without news,She was suppose to visit us for christmas :(

Any suggestion would help me.

Thanx in advance and be safe during the holidays.

imadak

Oct 19, 2013
Hey there.
If her visa is rejected she would have been notified by now.
I applied from Jordan on July 15th and still no answer. After checking with the embassy they said it is undergoing security checks.
I have studied in Canada and have obtained 4 multiple entry visa's before , last one was two year ago.
But apparently and sadly our country of citizenship plays a role.
The time announced on the website is meaning less.
Do not book a flight until you have the visa in hand.

Beezer8810

Dec 27, 2013
imadak said:
Hey there.
If her visa is rejected she would have been notified by now.
I applied from Jordan on July 15th and still no answer. After checking with the embassy they said it is undergoing security checks.
I have studied in Canada and have obtained 4 multiple entry visa's before , last one was two year ago.
But apparently and sadly our country of citizenship plays a role.
The time announced on the website is meaning less.
Do not book a flight until you have the visa in hand.
Thank you

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with Imadak

My friends applied in Lebanon this summer it took them more than 3 months to get the visa.

Do not book a new flight until she gets her visa.

Beezer8810

Dec 27, 2013
bonitaellada said:
I agree with Imadak

My friends applied in Lebanon this summer it took them more than 3 months to get the visa.

Do not book a new flight until she gets her visa.

She applied october 17....is it normal to take this long to get an answer ?
Some are saying its a good sign if they take longer cuz of background or security check.

imadak

Oct 19, 2013
It is a good sign. I applied on July 15th..... Its been almost 6 months.
When I checked with the embassy they said " I am going to get , but when they dont know "

They have asked me for a certificate of good conduct in Sept and in Nov they asked for a certificate of non conviction , I gave them both and there is nothing left for them to ask.

Usually if they want to reject they would within 3 to 5 weeks MAX

Hang in there

Beezer8810

Dec 27, 2013
imadak said:
It is a good sign. I applied on July 15th..... Its been almost 6 months.
When I checked with the embassy they said " I am going to get , but when they dont know "

They have asked me for a certificate of good conduct in Sept and in Nov they asked for a certificate of non conviction , I gave them both and there is nothing left for them to ask.

Usually if they want to reject they would within 3 to 5 weeks MAX

Hang in there
She gave her certificate of non conviction along with her application (paper) back in october.

U too hang in there and best of luck.

Let us know when u get it.

Beezer8810

Dec 27, 2013
Hi guys

Anyone who applied for a tourist visa from lebanon (paper) since october got any answer ?

My friend is still waiting for any news and she applied back in october 17.

The embassy wont tell her anything except to email the embassy :(

Beezer8810

Dec 27, 2013
Hi guys

My friend did not give her biometric fingerprints because she applied back in october and the embassy didnt ask for it.

Could it be the reason why its taking too long to get answer if shes approved or not?

imadak

Oct 19, 2013
No , I asked
If you applied before they started asking for it then you dont have to give it