Applying from home country or China.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi guys

I need advice. My parents are currently in China on a 5 years family visa. They will be returning to our home country which is in Fiji in March. Since last October, they pretty much sold everything they owned to move back to China but have to return back to Fiji for some unfinished business. Most likely they will stay 2 to 3 weeks before going back to China.

So now my mum wants me to apply for a visitor visa for a 2 weeks visit for her only. Her current Canadian visa expired this February. I don't know whether I should apply for her visa when she's back in Fiji or when she goes back to China.

All I could show for her ties in Fiji:

1. My dad
2. Her bank statements worth $200K Cad

Her ties in China:
1. Her house
2. Her bank statements worth $100K Cad.
3. My dad

All her children are Canadian Permanent Residents ( me and my brother) and she has visited Canada before in 2013 for 10 days before going back to Fiji.

Any advise is much appreciated!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If she previously had a Canadian visa, IMO, it doesn't matter where she applies. She can show her ties in both countries. You'll be applying for her online anyway, right?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes I am applying online. I'm just worried about the homes ties that's all.
Every applicant's situation is unique. We generally say home ties are important to get approved for a TRV, but your mom has the huge benefit of having previously had a TRV before. Assuming her visits to Canada were short and reasonable, overall, including what you mentioned about her assets in China and Fiji, IMO, she has a good chance.

Reactions: Wonderland_1010

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Every applicant's situation is unique. We generally say home ties are important to get approved for a TRV, but your mom has the huge benefit of having previously had a TRV before. Assuming her visits to Canada were short and reasonable, overall, including what you mentioned about her assets in China and Fiji, IMO, she has a good chance.
Thanks so much. So she can attach both documents from both countries? Only difference would be where to send her passport if I mention her current residence. If I were to mention Fiji as her current residence, then I would have to mail it out to Sydney Australia. If I say her current residence is in China, then I would have to mail it out to the closest VFS office in China.

It would be better to apply for her in China right? Since she's only staying in Fiji for 2 weeks and there is no way it will be approve while she's there.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks so much. So she can attach both documents from both countries? Only difference would be where to send her passport if I mention her current residence. If I were to mention Fiji as her current residence, then I would have to mail it out to Sydney Australia. If I say her current residence is in China, then I would have to mail it out to the closes VFS office in China.

It would be better to apply for her in China right? Since she's only staying in Fiji for 2 weeks and there is no way it will be approve while she's there.
Yes, the initial passport request will be based on her current country of residence as stated in question #9 of the application form so she can present assets from both countries...I would assume she has legal permanent status in both countries right? But if you request nicely after she gets it and give an explanation, she can send it to the visa office that is closest to where she currently is. This happens all the time. Like, people who are tourists in the United States, even if they only have visitor status there, can also send their passports for TRV stamping in the United States...provided they are in that country for at least 2 weeks to stay long enough to receive their passport back. They just have to request first.

TL;DR even if she applies while she is in Fiji, she can have her passport stamped in China.

It's up to you and your timing and what you both decide will be most convenient, but Canadian visa offices are always pretty considerate from my own experience.

Reactions: Wonderland_1010