+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from Australia?! Let us connect here!

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Applied fro Sydney,Australia with 466.No hope now as I am going to turn 30 on this Dec and will loose another 5 points :(
Hey, I agreed with everyone else, don't loose hope !! 466 is a high score, I guess you would get invited before Dec comes. My score was only at 416 after I maxed out my Ielts then I decided to learn French !! That was a huge step and decision. I got state nomination now :) hang in there !

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Oh, okay! You had relocated, so your permanent address changed as well(?), but the person I was responding to is going on holidays. I’ve heard of people getting their bio done from their place of visit, but not about med so I suggested it’s better getting a confirmation.
Anyways, if it works then it should be easy! :)
Hey Jordan, yeah I have booked my medical check before leaving Aus, people in the forum say that we can do bio in other countries too so I think it shouldn't be a problem, anyway, thank you.

Last edited:

AUSSIEMATE

Oct 24, 2019
Hey, I agreed with everyone else, don't loose hope !! 466 is a high score, I guess you would get invited before Dec comes. My score was only at 416 after I maxed out my Ielts then I decided to learn French !! That was a huge step and decision. I got state nomination now :) hang in there !
Hi Amyung, did you appeared in the french language test? Where did you prepared for it. Any insights will be valuable. thanks

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi Amyung, did you appeared in the french language test? Where did you prepared for it. Any insights will be valuable. thanks
I guess that your in Australia too? I started out from 0 so I did intensive courses with Alliance Francaise and another French learning centre in Melb but didn't like them that much. I then took private lessons with private tutor, self-learning at home (I mean really intense). Then to prepare for the test, I practice speaking with my tutor, she corrects my essays too. Listening and reading, you pretty much have to "listen and read" yourself. There's a group on FB called "comment se préparer au TEF, TCF Canada", they have really good resources, prepmyfuture is a good, official website for practice tests.

Reactions: AUSSIEMATE

Bestedek

Sep 8, 2019
My AOR is 7th November 2018, went for interview on the 21st of November 2019, remedical done for my spouse passed since 31st December. Since then till now no update at all. Sydney VO is just too slow.