+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from a country that is not the country of origin makes things more difficult?

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Whenever you apply for temporary status in Canada you will have to show them ties to your home country. When you work or study in a different country it adds one more layer to your application where you will be judged on several factors which is pertaining to your intention of leaving canada at the end of your stay. Although it is not a reason to worry I would suggest show strong ties and show strong purpose for your application.

jackjibin007

Jul 17, 2017
Whenever you apply for temporary status in Canada you will have to show them ties to your home country. When you work or study in a different country it adds one more layer to your application where you will be judged on several factors which is pertaining to your intention of leaving canada at the end of your stay. Although it is not a reason to worry I would suggest show strong ties and show strong purpose for your application.
BY providing what document we can prove it?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You either have ties to India or you don't: family, property, business, job, etc. If your entire life is in Qatar it makes things harder because it is not obvious you will leave Canada.

renron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
You either have ties to India or you don't: family, property, business, job, etc. If your entire life is in Qatar it makes things harder because it is not obvious you will leave Canada.
when you apply for visa and you are not in your home country that will not be ground for visa refusal.
ties to home country apply only to those applicants who are currently in their home country but not to those residents in another country

moreover, if someone is working for years and as legal resident in another country is already a strong testament to his personal reputation because the VO assess the applicant as someone who follows the immigration laws of another country.
what matters most are enough funds, professional and educational background, and a well written LOE or SOP.

in fact, i have colleagues and friends who apply together with their families not from their home country (spouse plus children) and were all approved.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
when you apply for visa and you are not in your home country that will not be ground for visa refusal.
ties to home country apply only to those applicants who are currently in their home country but not to those residents in another country

moreover, if someone is working for years and as legal resident in another country is already a strong testament to his personal reputation because the VO assess the applicant as someone who follows the immigration laws of another country.
what matters most are enough funds, professional and educational background, and a well written LOE or SOP.

in fact, i have colleagues and friends who apply together with their families not from their home country (spouse plus children) and were all approved.
This is not true. Ties to the home country are always considered. Living in a third country does not mean an automatic refusal but it can work against an applicant.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I'm hired here legally and working with valid work visa
What happens when your work visa expires? You can't return to Qatar after your studies in Canada. You show no ties to India, therefore you will be refused a study permit on the grounds of not satisfactory that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.

jackjibin007

Jul 17, 2017
What happens when your work visa expires? You can't return to Qatar after your studies in Canada. You show no ties to India, therefore you will be refused a study permit on the grounds of not satisfactory that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.
when work finish I will go back to India. we can work until visa finish