+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for work permit - caregiver job

humancapital

Feb 11, 2021
Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me out with my query - I have an employer willing to hire me for a caregiver job position. Can I apply for a work permit with the signed contract? I am living in India

Any input will be appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me out with my query - I have an employer willing to hire me for a caregiver job position. Can I apply for a work permit with the signed contract? I am living in India

Any input will be appreciated.
No you cannot apply for a work permit. Child care or adult support worker? You apply through HCCP program with your IELTS and ECA.

Reactions: humancapital

humancapital

Feb 11, 2021
Thank you for your response. This is for adult support worker. What if the job is LMIA approved? will that help..

Currently HCCP programs have a 34 months processing time. I am hoping there is a shorter route for getting a work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response. This is for adult support worker. What if the job is LMIA approved? will that help..

Currently HCCP programs have a 34 months processing time. I am hoping there is a shorter route for getting a work permit.
No LMIA doesn’t help. IRCC changed rules in 2019 for those overseas and will not issue work permits for those with approved LMIAs. You apply through the HCCP program. Fortunately it is open for you to apply with your job offer, IELTS and ECA.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/hiring-caregivers-overseas.html

Reactions: humancapital