+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for visitor visa

shabbar.raza

Oct 21, 2021
Hi,
I am planning to visit canada in the beginning of next year. My brother in law who also my first cousin and a permanent resident of canada is inviting his sister and me for the visit, however at this time only i am planning to visit as my children are busy in their studies. My visit will be for 15 to 30 days and i will be visit my host and my 2 uncles who both are also permanent residents of canada. My visit is being paid for by my host as well as my brother who is a doctor in USA. I have my immediate family( my wife, 2 children and my parents) living in pakistan. I dont have any property but my father is own a business which i am a part of as well. I will be submitting the business bank statement as well as my bank statement in which there is a balance of CAD$ 2000. Kindly let me know what are my chances of getting my visa and what additional things i need to submit to further strengthen my visa application
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I am planning to visit canada in the beginning of next year. My brother in law who also my first cousin and a permanent resident of canada is inviting his sister and me for the visit, however at this time only i am planning to visit as my children are busy in their studies. My visit will be for 15 to 30 days and i will be visit my host and my 2 uncles who both are also permanent residents of canada. My visit is being paid for by my host as well as my brother who is a doctor in USA. I have my immediate family( my wife, 2 children and my parents) living in pakistan. I dont have any property but my father is own a business which i am a part of as well. I will be submitting the business bank statement as well as my bank statement in which there is a balance of CAD$ 2000. Kindly let me know what are my chances of getting my visa and what additional things i need to submit to further strengthen my visa application
Thanks
Chances of approval are very low. You must show that you can pay your own travel costs.

shabbar.raza

Oct 21, 2021
Chances of approval are very low. You must show that you can pay your own travel costs.
Thank you for your input, it is highly appreciated. As i mentioned that i have CAD$2000 in my bank account which will cover any additional expenses incurred. My brother will be giving his salary slips, bank statement and written letter notarised that he will be paying my expenses. I hope that will be sufficient. I also wanted to know that as i donot have any property in my name but by family will be in Pakistan and i sm working with my father in his business, would this be enough to show my ties with my country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your input, it is highly appreciated. As i mentioned that i have CAD$2000 in my bank account which will cover any additional expenses incurred. My brother will be giving his salary slips, bank statement and written letter notarised that he will be paying my expenses. I hope that will be sufficient. I also wanted to know that as i donot have any property in my name but by family will be in Pakistan and i sm working with my father in his business, would this be enough to show my ties with my country.
$2000 will not even cover your airfare. Given your age since you have a family, you should be expected to cover your expenses not a sibling. And your sibling doesn’t even live in Canada so his funds are irrelevant. You can say you have a job but given that it is a family business it means you don’t need to return quickly. It isn’t your business but your father’s so not a tie.

shabbar.raza

Oct 21, 2021
$2000 will not even cover your airfare. Given your age since you have a family, you should be expected to cover your expenses not a sibling. And your sibling doesn’t even live in Canada so his funds are irrelevant. You can say you have a job but given that it is a family business it means you don’t need to return quickly. It isn’t your business but your father’s so not a tie.
Appreciate your input. I guess i was not clear on that point. This 2000 CAD $ is the amount that i would in my bank statement apart from the ticket bcoz my brother will be getting my ticket booked from USA, so you can say that this amount will be for my expenses for 15 to 20 days as well as like i said my brother will be supporting my visit. Also as i will be staying with my brother in law who is also my cousin my daily expenses and other expenses will be covered by him.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Appreciate your input. I guess i was not clear on that point. This 2000 CAD $ is the amount that i would in my bank statement apart from the ticket bcoz my brother will be getting my ticket booked from USA, so you can say that this amount will be for my expenses for 15 to 20 days as well as like i said my brother will be supporting my visit. Also as i will be staying with my brother in law who is also my cousin my daily expenses and other expenses will be covered by him.
But your brother doesn’t live in Canada. Honestly your funds are way too low since you are relying on others to pay for your trip. However, if you are leaving your spouse and child at home then that is a tie to return.

shabbar.raza

Oct 21, 2021
Thanks for your reply. So i guess i will have generate more funds for my bank statement as well as to carry with me.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Family ties are more important.
I have applied for a visa for my mother and she did not need to show her bank balance.

oam

Oct 3, 2021
Since you are leaving behind your wife and children, you have strong family ties back home which will strengthen your case. do emphasize on that in your application. Also better to show a little more amount in your bank statement will go in your favor.

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Hey fox,

I am planning to apply for my mother's visitor visa.
Following is my situation,

We are family of 4 ( husband wife and two daughters). 3 of us are PR and younger daughter born here (citizen). Its been four years we never went back. I am supporting my mother and brother's family back in pakistan. I bought two properties in my mother's name (on installments) and paying on monhtly basis.

So now i want to apply for her visit visa. So in this scenario how should i present my case?

canmart

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
Hey fox,

I am planning to apply for my mother's visitor visa.
Following is my situation,

We are family of 4 ( husband wife and two daughters). 3 of us are PR and younger daughter born here (citizen). Its been four years we never went back. I am supporting my mother and brother's family back in pakistan. I bought two properties in my mother's name (on installments) and paying on monhtly basis.

So now i want to apply for her visit visa. So in this scenario how should i present my case?
Hey Adil,

I guess you should highlight that your mom has assets in PK and has a family to look after. Also highlight that you don't see your mom for a long time. No need to mention that you take care your mon financially. Good luck
P.S.: (I'm not an expert on this matter)

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Hey Adil,

I guess you should highlight that your mom has assets in PK and has a family to look after. Also highlight that you don't see your mom for a long time. No need to mention that you take care your mon financially. Good luck
P.S.: (I'm not an expert on this matter)
Thank you for your response. I see mainly two reasons for visa refusal funds and family ties. As i am inviting her i can add my bank statement that is more than 50k cad. And for her family ties i can tell i have my brother back home additionally, i can tell about her own family including her mother brothers and sisters???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response. I see mainly two reasons for visa refusal funds and family ties. As i am inviting her i can add my bank statement that is more than 50k cad. And for her family ties i can tell i have my brother back home additionally, i can tell about her own family including her mother brothers and sisters???
For TRVs it is primarily based on the person’s finances of their spouse. You can show your assets as additional proof. For a supervisa the child in Canada finances is the primary focus.

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Anybody who applied visitor visa in Feb, March, 2021 to meet family members , have got any updates or PPR in recent past.
I applied in March, 21 but no update.