+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for visit extension (non-visa)

Koishii

Feb 5, 2009
If I were to apply for a second extension, I understand that I would need to provide some sort of proof I can support myself. I was reading this page here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551E2.asp - and this section:

"Evidence of how you will support yourself or be supported in Canada and how you will pay for transportation to leave Canada, such as:

Guarantor’s letter;
Bank statement indicating name of account holder and account number; or
Details of how you intend to leave Canada including the date, time and type of transportation."

And I noticed use of the word or... And so I'm wondering, could I provide a Guarantor's Letter alone, with no bank statement? Does anyone have first-hand experience with this?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Koishii said:
If I were to apply for a second extension, I understand that I would need to provide some sort of proof I can support myself. I was reading this page here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551E2.asp - and this section:

"Evidence of how you will support yourself or be supported in Canada and how you will pay for transportation to leave Canada, such as:

Guarantor's letter;
Bank statement indicating name of account holder and account number; or
Details of how you intend to leave Canada including the date, time and type of transportation."

And I noticed use of the word or... And so I'm wondering, could I provide a Guarantor's Letter alone, with no bank statement? Does anyone have first-hand experience with this?
Your guarantor need to provide you with a statement of undertaking (notarized, would be better) and to show proof that s/he is in position to provide support, room and board, medicals and fare back home should you be needing these, proof of income or bank certification need to be submitted with your app.