+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for visa with my family of 5 (all adults, non-dependents)

week

Jun 12, 2019
India
Hello,

I am in the process of applying for a visit visa / TRV for my entire family; purpose of visit: tourism (although we do wish to meet with relatives during this trip).

According to the glossary on the CIC website, "family members" are only spouses and dependent children. So, if we are applying together as a family, how should we go about it?
Family composition: Parents, Married Son and his Wife, Daughter (26 y.o.)

Should this be ONE application or do we need to create 5 separate accounts (generating individual GCKeys) and process 5 applications?

Separately: only the Son holds a valid US Visit Visa, so what should be the answer to the question
"Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time. (required)"

Appreciate a prompt response, please. Thank you in advance! :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

I am in the process of applying for a visit visa / TRV for my entire family; purpose of visit: tourism (although we do wish to meet with relatives during this trip).

According to the glossary on the CIC website, "family members" are only spouses and dependent children. So, if we are applying together as a family, how should we go about it?
Family composition: Parents, Married Son and his Wife, Daughter (26 y.o.)

Should this be ONE application or do we need to create 5 separate accounts (generating individual GCKeys) and process 5 applications?

Separately: only the Son holds a valid US Visit Visa, so what should be the answer to the question
"Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time. (required)"

Appreciate a prompt response, please. Thank you in advance! :)
1. 3 applications, You & spouse, unmarried daughter, and married son and spouse. Only the married son can claim to have a US visa, and that would include his spouse as a family member.

Reactions: week

week

Jun 12, 2019
India
Hi

1. 3 applications, You & spouse, unmarried daughter, and married son and spouse. Only the married son can claim to have a US visa, and that would include his spouse as a family member.
Thanks for your prompt assistance.

For the married son, should I select "Yes" in response to the question "Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time. (required)"?

Although the wife doesn't hold a valid US visa - I ask this again since the help box text states "All travelers on this trip must hold a valid US visa...in order to select yes"

The answer is yes only for the son, not his spouse. So should his application still answer "yes"? Thanks!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks for your prompt assistance.

For the married son, should I select "Yes" in response to the question "Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time. (required)"?

Although the wife doesn't hold a valid US visa - I ask this again since the help box text states "All travelers on this trip must hold a valid US visa...in order to select yes"

The answer is yes only for the son, not his spouse. So should his application still answer "yes"? Thanks!
If that's the case, then he should answer "no".

This question is to determine whether the application can be processed through CAN+.

Olivaviola

Jun 13, 2019
Hey!
In the application for the parents.. if dad is the primary applicant (his GC key used for application), then he should say no to the question. Later when you will add another family member (mom) to this application, they will ask again for her as well.
Similarly, in the application of the son (where son's gc key used for application for him and his wife), he should say 'yes' when asked for him. Later when he adds family member (his wife) to his application, he should answer 'no' to that question for his wife.
Hope it helps.