+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for US visitor Visa with COPR

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, but I need help in figuring out how to apply for US visitor visa when I have the COPR but haven't received my PR card yet. I came to Canada on a student visa and have recently received my PR, and now I am looking to apply for US visa.
- How risky is it?
- What do I write in 'country identification number'?
-is there any other difference in applying as PR compared to applying on student visa from Canada?

I know I need to select that I am a PR in canada, but some people are advising to wait for PR card and not to apply for US visa just with the COPR. I need to advice on how to proceed with the US temporary visa application in this situation.

Thanks in advance!

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, but I need help in figuring out how to apply for US visitor visa when I have the COPR but haven't received my PR card yet. I came to Canada on a student visa and have recently received my PR, and now I am looking to apply for US visa.
- How risky is it?
- What do I write in 'country identification number'?
-is there any other difference in applying as PR compared to applying on student visa from Canada?

I know I need to select that I am a PR in canada, but some people are advising to wait for PR card and not to apply for US visa just with the COPR. I need to advice on how to proceed with the US temporary visa application in this situation.

Thanks in advance!
Hello! I know it's been a very long time since you posted this, but I have the same question.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up doing? Just received my COPR Mar 29th, 2021 but still expecting PR card. Thanks for the help in advance.