+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV within Canada - Without Work or Study Permit

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hey guys,

Sorry if the question is a no-brainer but not my area of knowledge much, so would appreciate your comments. Many thanks in advance!

For a family member of a Canadian citizen (mother of a citizen) who is on TRV in Canada, is it possible to apply for it again while she is in Canada still? This person has no work or study permit and only on TRV, and her 10-year visa is expiring this July. She wants to go back to her home country for a month and come back.

Visitor extension does not work as far as I know for leaving and reentry. So could this person apply for the proper visa within Canada or only outside Canada applications for new TRVs?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

Sorry if the question is a no-brainer but not my area of knowledge much, so would appreciate your comments. Many thanks in advance!

For a family member of a Canadian citizen (mother of a citizen) who is on TRV in Canada, is it possible to apply for it again while she is in Canada still? This person has no work or study permit and only on TRV, and her 10-year visa is expiring this July. She wants to go back to her home country for a month and come back.

Visitor extension does not work as far as I know for leaving and reentry. So could this person apply for the proper visa within Canada or only outside Canada applications for new TRVs?
Short answer is no. She cannot apply from within Canada.

Her only option is to apply from outside of Canada once she has returned home.

The option of applying from within Canada is only open to those on study permits and work permits.