+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV but have some complications.

MrKvarora

Dec 25, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am applying for TRV and I got my work permit few days ago. As I have to go India on 6th Jan 2020. I am planning to apply TRV from Canada and willing to send my passport for stamping after arriving India. (Let me is it okay or you have some other suggestion or have some experience to share). But I am stuck in filling the form IMM5257e. Following are the questions I am not sure about, in form:

Q1) Current country or territory of residence? Canada or India [column no. 7 in form]

Q2) Country or territory where applying? Same as current country or territory of residence? No/Yes [ column no. 9 in form]

Q3) What will be current mailing address? (India's address or Canada's address)

Q4) What will be Residential address? (India's address or Canada's address)

Q5) Where I have to post my passport after I will get confirmation mail by IRCC on my gckey account? (At that time, I will be in India)

Guys let me know ASAP as I don't have much time left to visit India.
You can even contact me via gmail id - karammarora@gmail.com .

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
If I am not incorrect you can get approval for TRV in Canada and have the stamping done in your country.
Please search these forums ... You will find similar cases as yours.

Apply as if you are going to have the printing done in Canada and after applying take the approval mail to Vfs at your country for passport stamping.

Please do it fast as it is better to get the approval before you leave Canada.

Reactions: MrKvarora

MrKvarora

Dec 25, 2019
If I am not incorrect you can get approval for TRV in Canada and have the stamping done in your country.
Please search these forums ... You will find similar cases as yours.

Apply as if you are going to have the printing done in Canada and after applying take the approval mail to Vfs at your country for passport stamping.

Please do it fast as it is better to get the approval before you leave Canada.
Thanks for your concern. I will apply right now but I have question regarding biometric. If I dont get appointment for biometric in Canada then can I give my biometric after arriving India?

AND

one more question shall I give my mailing address as of India and residential address as of Canada OR mailing & residential address as of Canada ?

Thanks

Last edited:

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Biometrics mail will come immediately after you apply . Without it , I think your TRV will not be processed. You will need to give biometrics immediately moment you get the mail for your TRV to be processed further.

While I don't know whether you can give address as India ; I think the approval letter will come in the GC mail . So even if you give Canadian address, I think you will get message in your GC key for passport submission. Based on the message. You will need to get you passport stamped based on this letter. The approval letter will just ask for your Passport . You Can submit it at any VFS in India for stamping. However reconfirm these process by searching these forums.

Reactions: MrKvarora

MrKvarora

Dec 25, 2019
Biometrics mail will come immediately after you apply . Without it , I think your TRV will not be processed. You will need to give biometrics immediately moment you get the mail for your TRV to be processed further.

While I don't know whether you can give address as India ; I think the approval letter will come in the GC mail . So even if you give Canadian address, I think you will get message in your GC key for passport submission. Based on the message. You will need to get you passport stamped based on this letter. The approval letter will just ask for your Passport . You Can submit it at any VFS in India for stamping. However reconfirm these process by searching these forums.
Thanks a lot for giving your attention.